Thread: Just a couple of question's - start stop feature and Eco mode

Post Thanks / Like

Just a couple of question's - start stop feature and Eco mode

Start stop - hate it. Surly increases wear and tear on the engine / starter motor . Need to turn it off every time i get in the thing. any way round permanently disabling it or stay clear and just switch it off every time.

Eco Mode: the coasting , does the clutch engage whilst it does this-, Is this another high wear item ?

Why am I bothered about wear, well it's going to be a long term relationship with the Alltrack, absolutely love the thing.
    2017 Passat Alltrack 4Motion 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure on Passat Alltrack. Where I used to work one of the guys bought a new Audi A3 I asked him if it had stop/start he said yes but he turned that crap system off in the settings.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Likes Sam&Anne, Zoton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It can be turned off with VCDS.

The stop-start will not trigger in very cold temperatures. You can tell the system that a very cold temperature is 50 deg Celsius, so that it will never come on in the UK.

A VW dealer will not do this for you, because the vehicle would then not comply with the CO2 emissions value as homologated.
    2013 Golf SE 1.4 TSI DSG Pacific Blue Parking Assistant.
    The Beemer is a bike!

5. Likes Zoton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes there's a connector that can be disconnected for the SS on the negative battery terminal .

7. Likes Zoton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont fancy messing about with VCDS as still under warranty, will continue to ponder....
    2017 Passat Alltrack 4Motion 2.0 TDI-CR