Thread: Headlight direction - computer adjustment not working (for Europe driving)

Post Thanks / Like

Headlight direction - computer adjustment not working (for Europe driving)

Hello

I have a UK reg Tiguan Allspace 2018 (we love it). We have moved to Portugal - the on board computer management settings has an option under lights for setting 'driving in left or right hand traffic'. I have it set to 'driving on the right'. I imagined that was working but since going for my first inspection here in Portugal (the one needed to register Portuguese plates) am told that that is not making any change to the headlights at all and that the lights are still pointing up to the left. VW Portugal have tested and agreed that the computer setting it is not adjusting the beam from left to right, nor making any change at all. They are being of no further help :/

I bought the car knowing we would be moving out to Portugal and knowing that there was this software based option to adjust the direction of headlight beam. It was the reason i went for this car. The lights are full LED so changing them out is not an option do to the multiple thousand price tag for new hardware.

Can anyone shed any light on why the software might not be working or if there is another way of adjusting the direction of the beam? Thanks in advance.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    You asked the same question in your intro, read that one rather than deleting this thread?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    You asked the same question in your intro, read that one rather than deleting this thread?
    Hi Keithuk, sorry new here and to forums in general actually, not sure where the best place for it to be, do you want me to delete the question in my intro? Sorry if i posted incorrectly. Just let me know happy to edit accordingly.
    2018 Tiguan Allspace SEL 4M 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had this on a Yeti which has the same platform and I chnaged the setting using the diagnostic system VCDS but also the dealer system ODIS can do this so your dealer could be being a muppet BUT the headlights used up until 29-07-18 production had a technical problem and were replaced on the 30th by a revised unit 5NM 941 113 A and 114 A, if you private message me your UK reg or cars VIN I can tell you if the cars has the faulty units. If you thing 1463.64 is a lot for a pair of headlights, consider that the ones used on the A8 are 7081.15 a pair... somewhere something has gone very wrong in car technology.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I have had this on a Yeti which has the same platform and I chnaged the setting using the diagnostic system VCDS but also the dealer system ODIS can do this so your dealer could be being a muppet BUT the headlights used up until 29-07-18 production had a technical problem and were replaced on the 30th by a revised unit 5NM 941 113 A and 114 A, if you private message me your UK reg or cars VIN I can tell you if the cars has the faulty units. If you thing 1463.64 is a lot for a pair of headlights, consider that the ones used on the A8 are 7081.15 a pair... somewhere something has gone very wrong in car technology.
    Hi Crasher, appreciate your response. I will pm the Reg shortly. Thanks, Matt
    2018 Tiguan Allspace SEL 4M 2.0 TDI-CR