Thread: Underpowered 1.2 petrol

Post Thanks / Like

Underpowered 1.2 petrol

Hi i am not sure if it is possible nyt i Hope, i have an 2005 Fox 1.2 petrol with 54PS which i think it is way underpowered. Is there any where i can buy parts or swap parts from other vw or any other cars to make a bit more horsepower so the fox can become the ox?
    2005 Fox 1.2

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a Fox 1.4 which you could find damaged and swap over all the running gear and electronics and there is a suitable £850 example on Autotrader BUT as there are plenty of other 1.4’s on Autotrader, some from less than £800, there is no point and whatever, I follow my mantra of “never build a car you can buy”. Now as the Fox is based on the Polo to a certain extent you could build something interesting such as a 1.8T but then again, it is a Fox....
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 – 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say you have:

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 04/2005-, Model: Fox-EU, Engine Code: BMD, 40Kw, 54PS, 1.2 Ltr, 3 Cyls

There are loads of other engines fitted to the Fox.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 04/2005-, Model: Fox-EU, Engine Code: BNM, 51Kw, 68PS, 1.4 Ltr, 3 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD). EU Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 04/2005-, Model: Fox-EU, Engine Code: BKR, 55Kw, 74PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: EU, Injection, ignition MARELLI 4EV
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 03/2006-, Model: Fox, Engine Code: BAH, 74Kw, 100PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Argentina ("RA.")
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 09/2007-, Model: Fox, Engine Code: ASY, 47Kw, 64PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Argentina ("RA."): Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your answers, the thing is that i do not live in the UK or the EU for that matter, i am in greenland and there is no much options to buy car engines without shipping them first and then try to fit it in the car. But thank you now i know which engine i might be buying if it blows.
    i know i can probably be dealing with the exhaust and intake on the car to gain a little extra power but would be great if there is any fuel related or any intake option but i doubt there is any for that little engine.

the thing is i bought the car really cheap and were thinking that it could be fun making some more horsepower out of it.
    2005 Fox 1.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Your location in your profile says 0, where do you live?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    i live in Greenland.
    2005 Fox 1.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting more power out of that engine is nearly impossible, just stopping the cam chain jumping is an effort and if the bottom end fails, you can’t even get connecting rod bearings and bolts... daft idea.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 – 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, might as well sell it and Hope to be able to buy something more fun to drive.