Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infotainment hiccups

Post Thanks / Like

Infotainment hiccups

Just had my Golf Mk7 for a few days, and I'm still getting to grips with it. I have a couple of questions.

1. One thing I cannot manage to do is force the radio to scan for new stations (I've moved location). Can anyone tell me how to do it?
    2. I've "mated" my mobile phone and the car via Bluetooth, but when I touch the "phone" button on the steering wheel, all the instrument panel display shows me are the recent calls I've made - I can't find a way to make it display my contacts. Again, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0.

Which model radio/sat/nav is fitted?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Lucky you posted in the correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0.

Which model radio/sat/nav is fitted?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Lucky you posted in the correct section.
    Sorry, Keithuk, as I'm new to the forum, I wasn't sure of the rules. And I'll be around for a while.

I live in France, and bought the car in the UK last week, to replace an aging Focus. It's a mk7 Golf Match edition, three years old, 1.4, auto. I don't think there are any faults but, despite reading the manuals several times, I can't get it to (A) rescan and (B) show my phone contacts. The radio/sat nav is the standard Infotainment system, Generation 2.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I've added your car spec Mk7 covers many years and engine codes I'm guessing its:

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2009-07/2013, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CAXA, 90Kw, 122PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) Bosch Motronic MED 17 Chain
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2013-07/2017, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CHPA, 103Kw, 140PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2014-10/2014, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CHPB, 110Kw, 150PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/2012-03/2017, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CPTA, 103Kw, 140PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2014-03/2017, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CPVB, 92Kw, 125PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) E85 Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/2012-07/2013, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CTHD, 118Kw, 160PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) Bosch Motronic MED 17.5
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 10/2012-11/2012, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: CTKA, 118Kw, 160PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) Bosch Motronic MED 17.5
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keithuk, sorry for the delaying replying - I've been busy.

I don't see my car in any of those. It's not 4Motion (which is 4 wheel drive, isn't it). If it helps, I think the engine code could be CZCA, and it's 92Kw/125PS, TSI.

Thanks
    Mk7 Golf Match 1.4 TSI CZCA, DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Which radio do you have? Can you take and post a picture? At the risk of sounding rude, have you checked through the radio manual?
    2018 Passat B8 R-Line 2.0 162KW, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Belix View Post
    Which radio do you have? Can you take and post a picture? At the risk of sounding rude, have you checked through the radio manual?
    Thanks for the reply, Belix. I'll try attaching an image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radio.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	7103

OK, sorry it's on its side. And no, you weren't rude asking if I'd read the manual. I have, several times, but it's more concerned with setting up the phone interface, than showing how to use it. As I said in my first post, when I press the phone button on the steering wheel, I see a list of calls I've made, and I can call any of them again. What I can't do is display a list of my contacts (which I know are in the system). Any help will be appreciated

Cheers

(PS: A tech company I worked for had a well-used acronym - RTFM - Read The F@#*ing Manual)

Post Thanks / Like
    As said which radio/sat/nav model is fitted?

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2014-03/2017, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: CZCA, 92Kw, 125PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) Timing belt Bosch Motronic ME 17
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2016-, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: CZCA, 92Kw, 125PS, 1.4 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Stratified Injection (TSI) Timing belt Bosch Motronic ME 17

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Keithuk, thanks for the help. Of the two, I think it's the first, This is based on the car being registered 12/16, and so likely to be the latest model (2014 - 2017) rather than (2011 - 2017). I've replied to Belix' post, but I gather the reply needs to be approved by you first.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Belix View Post
    Belix & Keithuk, here's a picture of the infotainment system in my car. As far as I'm aware, it's the standard VW model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RADIO.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	7110

Sorry I can't get it the right way up

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	radio.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	7109  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast