Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bought a new car

Post Thanks / Like

bought a new car

ive just bought a brand new car, guess what!! its not a vw, why not you ask,because I got fed up with all the crap service from vw dealers and from vw itself. no more watching and worrying about regens and blocked dpfs. faulty egr valve, no more expensive diesel fuel,no more being forced out of the city because I had driven a diesel car.
    2010 Golf S 1.6 TDI-CR, CAYC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billywhizz View Post
    ive just bought a brand new car, guess what!! its not a vw, why not you ask,because I got fed up with all the crap service from vw dealers and from vw itself. no more watching and worrying about regens and blocked dpfs. faulty egr valve, no more expensive diesel fuel,no more being forced out of the city because I had driven a diesel car.

Great minds think alike !
    (about buying a new car that is...)

Unfortunately, or fortunately (dependent upon how you look at it), I bought another VW

I'm now the proud owner of yet another wagon, this time a Mk7. A 2015 car, with 50k miles on the clock, still a 1.6L TDI Bluemotion, in Night Blue (metallic) / LH5X.

It is very obvious that UK dealerships are helping to keep the price of 2nd hand cars high when it comes to VW's, yet will rip your chest open & tear your beating heart out when it comes to 'trade-in' valuations.

Covered about 150 miles in it since I picked it up on Friday afternoon & yes I am finding the lack of manual handbrake a pain in the rear ! The button thingy will take some getting used to...
    2015 Mk7 Golf SE BlueMotion Estate 1.6L TDI-CR 110PS, Night Blue (LH5X)
    Sons: 58 plate Golf 1.4, Petrol
    http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...pshsy4he27.jpg

3. Likes billywhizz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Billywhizz, are you going to tell us what car you bought? I hope you enjoy it and wish you many years of trouble-free ownership. If you bought a car with an internal combustion engine, then I'm afraid sooner or later you'll be forced out of the city again. Even electric cars cause pollution with tiny particles from tyres and brake dust. If you want to drive in the city, this is the car for you:

By the way, I've had a diesel VW Golf from new and so far not had any major issues with it.
    2015 Golf 2.0 TDI-CR CRBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmalkie View Post
    I am finding the lack of manual handbrake a pain in the rear ! The button thingy will take some getting used to...
    I have been driving all sorts since 1967 and I can't see myself ever getting used to this abortion.
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our loan car has an electric handbrake, no matter how much I use one I hate them, progress.... BS.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

7. Likes Sam&Anne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crasher, that's what I thought when I was buying my car, I thought it would be awful. But I don't ever need to use the electric handbrake, so not really an issue. I have autohold enabled, so every time I stop the car, it engages the handbrake, as soon as I lift clutch pedal, it automatically releases the handbrake. Works really well and not had any issues with the system. And when I turn the engine off, it automatically applies the proper handbrake.
    2015 Golf 2.0 TDI-CR CRBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SadClouds View Post
    Crasher, that's what I thought when I was buying my car, I thought it would be awful. But I don't ever need to use the electric handbrake, so not really an issue. I have autohold enabled, so every time I stop the car, it engages the handbrake, as soon as I lift clutch pedal, it automatically releases the handbrake. Works really well and not had any issues with the system. And when I turn the engine off, it automatically applies the proper handbrake.
    +1. Actually "pulled on" the electric handbrake only once or twice in the last year of ownership
    2013 Golf SE 1.4 TSI DSG Pacific Blue Parking Assistant.
    The Beemer is a bike!

Post Thanks / Like
    New here and also new to having an electronic handbrake. Was odd at first and takes some getting used to. Also, once I got out of the car and it started rolling away with no handbrake applied! I still don't really understand what sequence of events led to this being possible.
    2016 Sharan SE BlueMotion 2.0 SE TDI-CR 150PS 5 Door (7 Seat)

Post Thanks / Like
    Billywhizz, are you going to tell us what car you bought? I hope you enjoy it and wish you many years of trouble-free ownership. If you bought a car with an internal combustion engine, then I'm afraid sooner or later you'll be forced out of the city again. Even electric cars cause pollution with tiny particles from tyres and brake dust. If you want to drive in the city, this is the car for you

By the way, I've had a diesel VW Golf from new and so far not had any major issues with it.
    what I bought was a brand new Suzuki Vitara szt 1.4 turbo version. its got a proper hand brake, it really got some poke for a 1.4 engine, I never thought I would find a petrol car that nearly matches the golf diesel performance. what happened was my golf just died on the road one morning,turns out it was the egr valve !! . I was going too scrap it, but in the end I had a cheap egr valve fitted and then traded it the day after it was fixed. I thought it was driving really well but at 74000 it just died while driving it. had it towed in. I have for sale a vcds micro can ,unlimited vin. its in the sales thread,,make me an offer?
    Last edited by billywhizz; 02-03-20 at 20:54.
    2010 Golf S 1.6 TDI-CR, CAYC

Post Thanks / Like

The sales rep who handed my car over (& looked all of 14 !), set that up on mine as he explained the controls. I promptly asked him to reset it back to 'normal'.

I live in the highest street in my town & I've had x1 rear caliper fail on both my Mk4 & Mk6 Wagons. It's no fun having a neighbour come to your door to explain that your car has rolled down the hill & collected x3 cars in the process...
    2015 Mk7 Golf SE BlueMotion Estate 1.6L TDI-CR 110PS, Night Blue (LH5X)
    Sons: 58 plate Golf 1.4, Petrol
    http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...pshsy4he27.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast