Thread: 2012 Golf Plus Cigarette Socket 12V Outlets Not Working

Post Thanks / Like

2012 Golf Plus Cigarette Socket 12V Outlets Not Working

Hello. My father is partially disabled can't get in position to view the fuses so I am trying to help him fix an issue with the 12V outlets on his 2012 Golf Plus SE. Basically, the cigarette lighter socket and boot socket are not working.... The first thing I've tried to check is the fuse. I've found the fuse boxes in the engine compartment and under the dash to the right of the steering wheel. There are no layout diagrams on either of the panel covers. I have searched extensively for a layout diagram but they all show a panel on the side of the dashboard adjacent to the door. This car does not have a fuse panel on either side of the dashboard in these locations which seems very strange to me. Anyway I have attached photos of the fuse boxes I found and would really appreciate if someone could post a fuse diagram/list for this car or at least the fuse amps and location for the 12V outlets. Many thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200303_164304.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	7124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200303_164341.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	368.9 KB 
ID:	7125

Post Thanks / Like
    I never managed to find a reliable fuse map for my mk6 golf GTi. I found some MK6 golf ones and they did not tie up to my car.
    Occasionally the fuse layout is in the car manual, but it was not in mine...
    The lighter socket needs a decent current, I'd check the interior fuses bigger than 10amps (the eight bigger fuses) one at a time.
    2018 Passat B8 R-Line 2.0 162KW, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 2012 Golf Plus SE no engine size/type.

Fuse F30 20A in the dash Cigarette lighter (U1) 12 V socket (U5) Rear cigarette lighter (U9)

Not in the e-box under the bonnet.

Post moved to the correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.