Thread: T-Roc depress clutch error help?

Post Thanks / Like

T-Roc depress clutch error help?

Hi im new to this so and help and advice would be great!
    I have a 2018 T-Roc, sel model and have been having bother with the clutch...keep getting the depress clutch error When trying to start the car.
    Started in September/October 2019 so took it back to the VW dealer we bought it from. They did a software update and that should be it fixed. If it did it again (which they were pretty sure it wouldn't) it would need a new sensor.
    The problem then started to happen again end of January/February so took it back to the dealer and again the did a software update and was sure that was it this time.....its only lasted a week and its done it again tonight!

Has anyone else experienced this or know what is causing it?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    So you have trouble starting it?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0.

Thread moved to the correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes having problems when trying the ignition to start the car. You have to thump the clutch several times before it will start

Post Thanks / Like
    You still have no car spec, is this your 2018 T-Roc or are you trying to fix someone else's.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    It could just be the hall sender on the master cylinder, 5Q0 927 810 A and these are quite a common MQB platform problem and they cost 73.06 but I would be more inclined to replace the master cylinder as the problem could be inside with the metal parts the hall sender senses moving and as both, 5Q0 721 388 J, cost 126.78 it makes sense, even considering the extra labour.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)