Thread: Electronic Issues - Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Post Electronic Issues - Lights

Recently my 2011 Passat Estate has been giving me light warnings saying registration bulb needs attention, I check the bulb and it is out, but after driving off again then the warning light on dash goes out and bulb comes on again. This also happened to the drivers side dipped beam last month. Headlight was out so went to Halfords to get a replacement the next day. Driving the indication warning light on dash went off and the dipped beam has been fine ever since.

Now today, I parked up at work this morning, finished at 5, went to start car and the battery was almost dead, couldn't start it at all. No lights or instruments left on at all. Had to get it jump started with Jump Leads from a fellow worker luckily. Anyone had the same problem on the your Passat or what might be causing these warning lights to randomly come on and off ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Could be water from the screen wash feed in the tailgate setting the alarm off together with a faulty siren which will make the battery go flat.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Make sure you fit the correct bulb and not LED as those will show the bulb out warning?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.