Thread: Help !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Help !!!

I'm wanting to pick someone's brain about my 2008 Golf 1.9 TDI BXE 105PS

Sometimes when the car has been running a wile it cuts out like not expect and then won't start again with a squirt in the intake had it plugged in no faults found no warning lights on (even when it happens) I can hear the tank pump coming on when ignition is turned on but had a look around the tandem pump and at the bottom where the fuel line comes out on the last star bolt its damp ish but some oil on it too.

I'm just wondering could this be the problem why the car cuts out only when up to temp after a hour of running first time it happened AA bloke came out and said it's air in system told me to whip pump out and have a look for oil in tank couldn't see any or have the oil slick like on pump either.

I changed fuel filter the one that came out was like new but noticed that on the tandem pump last night but been told that wouldn't effect it I have owned VWs for years and never had any problems with any until now Also after so long it gets a splutter under acceleration around 1900 rpm 2k ish it feels like a misfire but that's the same only when it's been running around and up to temperature but when cold cars spot on can't trust it at all ATM

Any help I would be so grateful thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I missed this thread back in March I was checking who was online and what they are looking at a guest was looking at this thread.

No fault codes scanned with what a generic scanner?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Fuel filter is black tandem pump needs replacing.

very hard to start when cold and cutting out
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.