Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What make and model LED bulbs are you using

Post Thanks / Like

What make and model LED bulbs are you using

Hi I'm looking at buying some LED bulbs for my vw t5 caravelle twin reflector headlights, I was thinking of buying some Osram night breaker unlimited or Phillip's racing vision bulbs (H1 and H7) just wondered what you all are using and how do you rate them as I do a lot of night driving down very dark country lanes

Nice white lights would be great but not important
    2008 Transporter T5 2.5 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but fitting LED bulbs in reflector design headlights is illegal and a banned subject on this forum. https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=11638
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Right I should of put I dont have reflector lenses both my headlights are projector lenses

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, now you need to add automatic headlight or rear suspension levelling and headlight pressure jet wash. You may find that reflector lenses with bulbs like the Phillips +150 and even relays would be better, I find projector lights very poor... I really don’t like modern headlights, as you can tell.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    I can manually adjust my lights and I have headlight washers, my MOT garage have said my headlight setup is fine just want better bulbs, I have thought about the osram night break unlimited and Philips racing vision just after a few opinions

Post Thanks / Like
    How much night driving do you do as the Racing Vision has a short life .

Post Thanks / Like
    The headlight adjustment has to be automatic as with the OE HID system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on what I'm doing but 2 to 3 hours a night, im gonna take a gamble and buy some h1 and h7 osram night breaker laser bulbs and see how they differ

Post Thanks / Like
    I use lightec autostyle less find them on facebook
    2010 Golf GT 2.0 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metal nut View Post
    im gonna take a gamble and buy some h1 and h7 osram night breaker laser bulbs and see how they differ
    I have never tried those but you should see a difference, I just use the Phillips ones and they have so far been 100% reliable for me and customers. I used to use the Halfords ones but I found they went of very quickly but the other night I noticed my Phillips 150's are not as good as they were but they have been in three years and as Gaz points out, they are known for not lasting, he who burns the brightest... what you could also do is measure the bulb voltage drop with the bulbs plugged in and running by putting a multimeter across the battery to the bulb feed, it is probaly around 3v.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast