Thread: mk4 Bora replaced calipers now not bleeding

Post Thanks / Like

mk4 Bora replaced calipers now not bleeding

So i have a bora mk4 and I went and replaced both rear calipers but half way through I realized the brake pipe washers off the old ones didn’t fit so I had to go and find new ones and was away for a couple hours came back and build it all up and looking mint then went to bleed them and there was absolutely no pressure at all getting to both rear calipers when pumping the pedal when bleeding. Plenty brake fluid in, while I was gone a lot drained out and I recon the lines are dry but thought would sort out after a bleed. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post minus engine size/type.

Is that using the manual method or a pressure bleeder?

You don't fit old washers you fit new ones.

Post moved to the correct section as it its a general question.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will have to pressure bleed the system and also carry out the Basic Settings bleeding process of the ABS pump using a diagnostic computer. Depending on the cars age the ABS pump could be an ATE Mk20 or Mk60, the Mk20 is an evil sod to get the air out of and the bleeding process long, tricky and painful. There are two 6mm hex bleed valves down the back of the master cylinder, these help get air out of the cylinder but you will just have to let the fluid flow as there is no way of getting a pipe on them. Wash it off with water later AFTER putting the cap back on.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 – 13 April 1956)