Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Golf Miss fire

Post Thanks / Like

2008 Golf Miss fire

My 2008 Golf TSI has got miss on plugs 2 and 4 nothing shows on code reader I have fitted new plugs no joy any advice or help gratfully acccepted

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

The sub forum titles aren't very clear, post moved to the correct section.

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post, which TSI 1.6 or 2.0?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a misfire you will have a code so start by getting a proper code read done with VAG specific equipment rather than genuine OBD code reading units.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi just been vw Wigan charged 35 plug in nothing showed up they said need 2/3days to investigate at special rate if 25 per hour think be cheaper at small garage to fix

Post Thanks / Like
    If the VAG system ODIS was used and showed no codes then you can't have an actual misfire and something I missed before, how do you know the "misfire" is on 2&4? 35 for a code read at a VW dealer is very cheap and Corkills labour would be more than 25 an hour.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    When I changed the plugs no 2 was soaked and no 4 was black where 1and 3 were sandy color
    When they plugged it in it showed battery fault but I had new battery fitted last week
    He gave me that price as our firm have mini buses from them but if left for days would be costly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi just had RAC come to car his plug in came up camshaft sensor my mate got one and fitted it but it has made no change have you any advice on this
    Thank you
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    What was the sensor code, no or implausible signal? Did he give you a number?

Post Thanks / Like
    No he just said its showing camshaft sensor have changed this and I ran it down bypass it does not miss now on tick over and if keep at steady speed but as soon as you put your foot to increase speed it misses but take foot off it runs good
    Thank you for reply

Post Thanks / Like
    I had three this week like that and it was coil packs on all of them. Which make and part number plugs did you fit? Could you private message me your reg number please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast