Thread: 2008 estate accessory socket.

Post Thanks / Like

2008 estate accessory socket.

Hi not a major issue but .

My accessory socket in the boot area of my 2008 Passat Estate is always live ..I thought these should be switched on a 2008 car.

Is there a relay for this ( cant find a wiring diagram for the accessory sockets despite lots of googleing).

I wanted to add a rear camera but need a switched live ...I can always run a new cable from the front but I honestly thought the Passat after ~2006 had switched live rear accessory sockets ..or am i wrong...mine certainly doesn't..

thanks for any help
    2008 Passat Estate 2.0 TDI-PD BKP

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no proper switched live, it is all CAN BUS controlled so you could use a CAN BUS adapter to provide switched live and reversing signals.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah thanks crasher I was sure it was only the pre 2006 that had "dumb" permanent live accessory sockets In the boot(trunk) space ... I think more investigation needed tomorrow... couldn't really pull the rear trim panels out the boot today on mother's Day ..my wife wouldn't have been very impressed
    Hope things aren't too mad where ever you live .

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s all a bit overblown and silly as far as I am concerned, the plans may save a lot of already weakened old lives but it will double the national debt and we will be paying for it for decades.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree we're going to be paying for this for a long long while ... ..I said to my missus if we get to the end of the year still with a home to live in I call this year a win.

Post Thanks / Like
    My employees are being offered 80% of their wage if I lay them off, I will be eligible for statutory sick pay... I could have sworn the Conservative party was supposed to be the party of business... so far Boris has done nothing but **** me off!

Post Thanks / Like
    ... Bugger..

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel for you Crasher.
    I a few years back made the jump back into PAYE after being self employed spark for years who also employed sub's ...The industry I'm currently in is classed as essential so I have to work though these strange times....not sure if that's a good or bad thing ..but if it means I get to keep my job I guess it is a good thing.

Just thought I'd reply that the rear accessory socket in the boot space is now switched live ...some nice person had run a permanent live to the back of the car some time in the past .. luckily the original connector was just hanging behind the trim panel so My rear camera install is all done.
    2008 Passat Estate 2.0 TDI-PD BKP

Post Thanks / Like
    On my Golf the both cigarette sockets are only live with the ignition on.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.