Thread: Help - 2007 Passat variant B6 - Xenon shut off after some time

Post Thanks / Like

Help - 2007 Passat variant B6 - Xenon shut off after some time

Hello everybody,

I really need a little bit of help .... I've got a problem with a passat variant 2007 3C 4 motion (2.0l 150hp).
    The cars is equipped with xenon from factory. The left headlight shut off after some time, it's only the low beam that stopped working, the high beam are fine.
    If i restart the cars, it will work again for a short time.
    The bulb are new in both headlight. Before the problem appears after 1 hour of driving and now it's appears after 15 min of driving.

I change one of the two ballast of the left headlight, which does not resolve the issue.

Ballast reference : 3D0907391B - Headlight control unit.
    This ballast seem's to handle to power delivery to the xenon ( if i understand correctly ) So i thought it would be this one

I went to a VW dealer for a diagnoses, the quote make cry (+ 800 euros ), for them, it's the second control module : AFS headlight cornering power module (Ref : 7L6941329)
    Does it seem's possible for you ? What would you do if you were in my shoes ?
    Would it be possible that the AFS module shut off the low beam ?

I also get from the dealer the error codes but it's in french and i don't known which code would be interesting for you.

It would be really nice if someone can help me with this problem or if someone encounter the same problem.
    i became a little lost in this, i've spend a lot of money on this cars and spend countless night working on it.
    i was so happy to get this car at first, now i'm almost afraid to drive it.

A big thanks if you read this to the end and sorry for my english i come from belgium

Have a nice day !

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Which country do you live in?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.