Thread: Screen wash bottle leaking

Post Thanks / Like

Screen wash bottle leaking

Hi.

I have a 2013 Move Up and the screen wash is losing fluid. I assume either the bottle is cracked or the pipes are loose.
    How do I get to it? Options seems to be remove : 1) nearside headlamp 2) nearside wheel arch skirt 3) bumper. What is the best approach please?

The washer fluid pipe is also leaking in the rear tailgate. Combined with the sticking handbrake not great on the early models!

Thanks.
    2003 Golf GTI 1.9 TDI ARL, Black Magic, Sports suspension, Sunroof, Winter pack, , 6 speed manual, 225/45/17 alloys. Dark Myrtle wood details. 200k miles.
    2013 Move Up Engine????

Post Thanks / Like
    That is wheel off, arch trim out and with a bit of fiddling it will drop down. The bottle is part number 1S0 955 453 C and costs 37.22. The convoluted tube through the tailgate tube can split and you use 1J0 955 751 D to replace it which costs 26.34 and you need a few small parts to go with it.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    That is wheel off, arch trim out and with a bit of fiddling it will drop down. The bottle is part number 1S0 955 453 C and costs 37.22. The convoluted tube through the tailgate tube can split and you use 1J0 955 751 D to replace it which costs 26.34 and you need a few small parts to go with it.
    Thanks Crasher. 👍

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I got the replacement washer bottle (27.85 including shipping, from https://vwupparts.com/shop/ols/produ...er-bottle-tank) and got as far as trying to remove the front bumper cover. The bottle is bolted from the front so to get access the bumper cover has to come off. Straight forward I thought - remove the front 3 wheel liner bolts from both sides and the bolts from the top then release the top retaining clips holding the bumper cover and off she comes. What I didn't expect was the spreader rivets (there are about 8 of them) that fasten to bottom of the bumper cover to the chassis framework. I tried levering one out with a screwdriver but started to make a mess of it so made a tactical retreat.

I think there is a proper VW tool (https://vw.snapon.com/SpecialToolsDe...temid=51990120) but it's expensive. I also see some people recommend just driving a screw into the spreader rivet and pulling.

@Crasher, any advice on how to remove these annoying fastenings without destroying them?

Thanks.
    2003 Golf GTI 1.9 TDI ARL, Black Magic, Sports suspension, Sunroof, Winter pack, , 6 speed manual, 225/45/17 alloys. Dark Myrtle wood details. 200k miles.
    2013 Move Up Engine????