Thread: Nextbase 522GW front and rear camera bundle - Installing of the cable.

Post Thanks / Like

Nextbase 522GW front and rear camera bundle - Installing of the cable.

Just seen this article on best dashcams to buy from Auto Express: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/access...u-need-to-know

This has led me to this bundle: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nextbase-52...sr=1-4-catcorr

I see the rear camera is linked via a cable rather than wirelessly - Has anyone had any experience of fitting this / are there better solutions? Sounds like a pain in the proverbial...
    2015 Touran SEL 5T 2.0 TDI-CR 150PS

2004 Audi A2 1.4 TDI-PD 90PS ATL

Post Thanks / Like
    They need a hard wired aftermarket section adding in there, they missed the best non OE system you can buy; the Autovox X1 Pro. It was seriously hard work to install and I have done lots of jobs like this plus I did install it with a new Pioneer spare wheel base speaker and new DAB head unit at the same time though and made my life doubly hard insisting on using a combined Antenna Bad Blankenburg DAB, GPS, FM roof aerial; Amazon and RS were my saviours when it came to cables and adapters. I think insisting on taking the roof lining out (Octavia estate... long) so I could do all the camera wiring in the roof may have made my life harder, as well as trying to run a busy garage with my business partner on holiday t the same time... still only took me a week. The X1 isn’t perfect but is isn’t far off; a few design and software tweaks and it would be more unbeatable but I think the cost and the work involved put off the vast majority.

If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 – 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Update on this - I bought the bundle I linked to in my post above, albeit I ordered it direct from Nextbase, where it was 20 quid cheaper! Just goes to show that Amazon feeds off peoples' laziness....

I ended up paying a professional to install the kit; in his words it was one of the most difficult he's done so I was glad to pay, especially as it's such a neat, stealthy job.

Running the wire that feeds the rear view camera in particular was a total ball-ache, with clips / sensors / airbag units galore to navigate.

My impressions are that it's a serious impressive bit of kit if you just want high quality dashcam footage that you can easily download to your phone; I guess I'll only say it's worth if I have an accident so I'll just say that in my case, I'm willing to invest in the "it wasn't my fault mate" insurance it will provide should that happen (and also a professional installation job in a relatively new-ish car that I paid a lot of money for of course).
    2015 Touran SEL 5T 2.0 TDI-CR 150PS

2004 Audi A2 1.4 TDI-PD 90PS ATL

Post Thanks / Like
    Without Amazon Prime I would have struggled to complete my install and not been able to buy the camera in the first place.
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 – 13 April 1956)