Thread: Cookies and cream Caddy build project

Post Thanks / Like

Cookies and cream Caddy build project

Hey peeps how are you all today I am now starting my newest project a caddy pick up (skoda) shhhh. it has or so I am told a golf mk2 1.6td engine in (could use help to confirm this from engine codes etc.) 1 of the first jobs is to take the engine and running gear out as I know it all works and runs, then I can tidy up the mess that was left behind in the engine bay from the previous owner, got to love unfinished projects!! There will be some welding required underneath and some modification of the front end in order to house the rad and inter cooler this means ramps will be needed for this project so you can expect a change of scenery from driveway at some point soon. I have already stripped and serviced the back brakes cleaned drums and painted red I did this yesterday I am moving on to the fronts today Only as I will have to drive it into the workshop before the big strip (pics to follow).
    A few questions before I move on as this project will change during the build no doubt.
    Any advice on front callipers and brake set up looking for a drastic improvement on the standard set up for the pick up?

Would anyone recommend an inter cooler for this engine as that the pipe work and the exhaust from the down pipe back is all I am missing from the build!

Any good suppliers of full bush kits I figure might as well replace the lot coloured would be nice also!!

thanks for reading hope you guys enjoy seeing the project take shape.

Disclaimer Iím a engineer not an English teacher unfortunately my grammar punctuation and spelling may not be the best but as long as you get the message thatís all Iím worried about!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You could consider the Golf 3 1.9TD AAZ code engines (if you can find one) or go for the Golf 4 TDI, or even Golf 5/6...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 Ė 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    You could consider the Golf 3 1.9TD AAZ code engines (if you can find one) or go for the Golf 4 TDI, or even Golf 5/6...
    I had thought about it but for now I would like to get her on the road with the engine I have then I my look into a rear or four wheel drive conversion with engine but that would be a massive overhaul needing a whole parts car ideally

Post Thanks / Like
    If you could find an old worn out Golf 2 Syncro that has many commonalities.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 Ė 13 April 1956)