Thread: 2007 Fox 1.4 petrol won’t start

Post Thanks / Like

2007 Fox 1.4 petrol won’t start

Hi everyone I hope someone can help as I’m at a bit of a loss ,my daughter was driving her 2007 Fox it started to miss fire a bit she stopped turned the engine off then returned to the car it would not start and she flattened the battery trying I went over to jump start nothing bump start nothing again towed her home.

I’ve checked the fuel line and have fuel at the injectors although the plugs seem dry and then checked for a spark cylinder one first it sparked once and not again then tried cylinder four same thing just sparks once turned ignition off tried again just sparked once then nothing so it seems to spark once each time you turn it over then nothing so I put spark plugs back and turned it over exactly the same as when the car first failed to start.

You turn it over and get one slight cough from the engine like a slight fire then nothing at all as you carry turning this happens every time and has done since the issue any help would be appreciated thank you for reading this post

cheers Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

How long is a piece of string?

It could be loads of things.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Thread moved to the correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.