Thread: Cabrio switchgear

Post Thanks / Like

Cabrio switchgear

Hi All
    long shot.
    but were doing a 94 cabrio up for the wife, been putting it back in order but ive come across an issue.
    The headlight switch unit (fogs / dimmer and level) is missing . the quandry is that when i use a switch off my T4 to fire up the lights , the rest of the switches are a mixture of Red or Green backlighting ....
    My question is , what was the standard back light colour ? i thought it would be green but am thinking odd bits of gear was changed out over the years ? .... my preference would be for red same as my T4 , the cabrio has front an rear fogs so the T4 switch wont work as only rear fogs.
    If a red back lit switch was an option for the Cabrio, does anyone have a part number ?

thanks in advance
    glyn
    2003 Beetle 2.0, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Get a workshop manual and look at the wiring diagrams.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for responding Keith , i've responded to your main point in the new member area.

On your point about my original question , that back ground colour info is not available on the wiring diagram in the manual or i wouldn't have posted , i have gone through Ekta/OEMPC in some detail , and where you would normally find the detail within the sub group of switch and model year , backlight colour it isnt shown for the cabrio.
    The switch is in effect the same as a number of other VW models so not an issue to find a switch, but my bit of missing info is if any of the Cabrios had red backlighting on the switches.
    2003 Beetle 2.0, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    From memory it was green, I think... the switch you need is VW part number 1H6 941 532 F but from home I can’t easily see if this is cabrio specific. These have been obsolete from VW since 2015 and the only place I can see that you can buy them new is https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts...vance&dir=desc. There is one on fleaBay and I have used them before although they are “away” at the moment.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 – 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response Crasher
    Just to clarify is the part number you quoted green or red backlight ?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    From memory it was green, I think... the switch you need is VW part number 1H6 941 532 F but from home I can’t easily see if this is cabrio specific. These have been obsolete from VW since 2015 and the only place I can see that you can buy them new is https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts...vance&dir=desc. There is one on fleaBay and I have used them before although they are “away” at the moment.
    2003 Beetle 2.0, Petrol

Post Thanks / Like
    I can’t remember, it doesn’t help being virtually could blind... in the red green spectrums
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 – 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    No Worries Pal
    thanks for taking time to post

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I can’t remember, it doesn’t help being virtually could blind... in the red green spectrums
    2003 Beetle 2.0, Petrol