Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amarok Aventura

Post Thanks / Like

Amarok Aventura

Hi all

New to the forum and recently purchased an 2020 Amarok. Came from a Kombi van which I loved everything about so hopefully the 4x4 will serve me well. I've bought it mainly for caravan towing duties albeit yet to try once lockdown restrictions ease

I have an issue (I think) with the rear protective coating in the load area which is showing signs of rust spots (quite excessive) since the offset. Has anyone else experienced this issue or is this the norm, also the Mountain roll top I had fitted has shown discolouring from day one, doesn't look attractive to the eye, again is this the norm or a bit of bad luck

I did speak to the dealer I purchased from and they said that I should contact a local VW Commercial centre to suit close to me and book it in for an inspection which I'm in the process of doing

Any thoughts or advice most welcome and thanks in advance

pilingninja

Post Thanks / Like
    Unavoidable without a bed liner or heavy duty coating. Before covering though, the spots will need treating. Google “Amarok tuck bed liner” and there is a huge choice. There are also spray on coatings. It is a good idea to spray the bed with heavy cavity wax before installation as they are a moisture trap.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, I can't understand though as the rear area is already spray lined from the factory and would have thought this should alleviate any potential rusting issues

Trying to upload picture with no success

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on what has been in there in the past, unlike most Amaroks it may have lead a working life rather than being a lifestyle accessory tax dodge...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I should have explained clearer. I have just bought new and was a factory order which I collected back in mid February so all minty fresh from the production line

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, the “rust” if it is that is probably industrial fallout, i.e. brake dust from trains as the pads and the rims they run on are cast iron and this dust settles when cars are being shipped and/or stored, many decades ago I had a big workshop which used to be a train shed and it was next to the station, this dust was a constant headache, especially with white cars. There is a VAG product specifically formulated to wash this off, part number ABS60000010 which is 28.36 a litre from a VAG dealer, when they are open...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for heads up, trying to upload pictures but not having much success

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

2020 Amarok take it back and get the rust spot sorted.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

2020 Amarok take it back and get the rust spot sorted.
    My Amarok is a keeper so will be here for a good while. I am on the T6 forum and had many a good advice during my time with Caddy and Kombi van.

Never used Flickr but will check out thanks
    2020 Amarok Aventura 3.0 V6 TDI-CR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast