Thread: Amazon Car OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner (VAG-COM)

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon Car OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner (VAG-COM)

Hi folks,

I have seen the Car OBD2 USB cable and cd (vag-com) software on Amazon for 20.

Has anyone got experiences with using thse, do they work as intended or are they snake oil?
    I have read that it is a cut down version (freeware) of the proper software.
    2003 Golf 1.9 TDI PD-100 ATD (145BHP 320nm)
    Nice little car with a few anger issues!
    Be nice, I'm old!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post

I have seen the Car OBD2 USB cable and cd (vag-com) software on Amazon for 20.

Has anyone got experiences with using thse, do they work as intended or are they snake oil?
    I have read that it is a cut down version (freeware) of the proper software.
    There is no cheap VAG-COM\VCDS cables anywhere only the cheap Chinese cloned cables on fleabay which are Banned subjects

Genuine cables are very expensive from Ross-Tech or their distributors. You download the free software. Current VCDS Release
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carista from Amazon (21) does everything it says on the tin! The company is very responsive to comments.
    2016 Golf Alltrack 2.0 TDI-CR - 135KW - BA5C8R
    2008 Fiat Panda Cross 4x4