Thread: Wanted mk1 Golf GTI

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted mk1 Golf GTI

Hi all , I'm ready and looking to buy a mk1 golf gti ( hatchback) will consider most ! Let me know what you have or know of one for sale ? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Consider condition and buy very carefully, to get a genuinely solid original 83/84 you may have to dig deep and pay 20k. As the prices are going ballistic a lot of tarted up sheds are around which look nice and shiny but are a disaster underneath. If you are good at welding and bodywork this is less of a trial by fire. Almost every Golf 1 GTI out there will be non original and many have been so badly modified they are appalling to drive, A customer brought me an 82 1.6 (modified-badly) to 1.8 and it was an absolute dog which was miserable and dangerous to drive... he was still expecting to get 10k for it and he probably will. Mrs Crasher keeps trying to get me to sell mine but there is no way on God’s earth... We have had it 30 years and is heavily modified with a long magazine road test history over the years. I have two stashed away as well that are owned by customers and if prices keep going north them one of them may be worth restoring one day (the silver one you can just see below, mine is 6 feet above it in the air), the other is too heavily modified to take a 1.8T, cable shift gear change and a long range fuel tank. I will have power steering... when he pays me to finish it!

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Genuine buyer still looking . Thanks
    so

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, what are you driving at the moment?

You make 2 threads with the same text I've deleted the other one.

Thread moved to the correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.