Thread: Problem with driver side fog light

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with driver side fog light

Hello,

I'm having issues with driver side fog light on my 2007 Golf GT 2.0 TDI 140PS. Passenger side works perfectly fine but driver side won't. I tested with voltmeter and when bulb is out it shows 12v and when i place bulb shows 1.5v. Bulbs are new. Can you help me?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Which type of bulb are you fitting LED or standard?

Bulb shows 1.5v? You need to get the correct wording when you posting problems. The voltmeter only shows 1.5v with the lights on or the bulb shows 1.5W?

You need to know how to test circuits with a meter, Google this or search YouTube?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for not introductions.

Im fitting standart bulb (12V 51Watt).

I tested the connector with multimeter and shows 12V without bulb. When i connect bulb to connectors,bulb will not turn on and multimeter shows 1.5V
    2007 Golf GT 2.0 TDI-PD 140PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok 12v without the bulb in circuit what is it with the bulb in circuit and it switched on still 12v or not? Just the driver side fog light again front fog lamp or rear as I've said you need to post the correct details when you have a problem else you may get the wrong replies. So the passenger side fog lamp works ok?

Check for volt drop in the circuit with the multimeter.

Have you checked all fuses?

I forgot to say:

Why the hell do members post using the stupid fonts/colours!!! it looks crap. Just use the default ones.

Both posts edited.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem was on J519 module
    Last edited by Mario MKV; 25-05-20 at 10:23.
    2007 Golf GT 2.0 TDI-PD 140PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario MKV View Post
    Problem was on J519 module
    Control Module for Network (J519)

Who diagnosed that?

Why the hell do members post using the stupid fonts/colours!!! again it looks crap. Just use the default ones.

Post edited again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you should make default those fonts and colors because peoples are here to share their experiences and problems/solutions they have , not for your fonts. Some google and youtube will help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Making members use the correct fonts isn't easy its the posters choice.

Just use the default one don't click on anything else fonts, sizes. colours as I've said.