Thread: Where can I get some work done in Kent?

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I get some work done in Kent?

Hi,

Just joined the forum. We've got a 1996 LT 35, 1st gen shape. I love driving it but it's been converted to a horse box and has a few rust problems (no surprise there).

I'm looking to get some of it done and the one that I just couldn't even attempt myself is around the corner of the windscreen. Water is coming in and has holed the inner panel as well. I could take the window out but never get it back it. Is there a restorer or LT friendly garage somewhere near Kent (I'm close to Dover) that would take this on? Or will I need to go further afield?

Thanks,

Rod

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says: 1996 LT 35 engine unknown.

How the hell don't you know which engine size/type is fitted if its your 1996 LT 35?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says: 1996 LT 35 engine unknown.

How the hell don't you know which engine size/type is fitted if its your 1996 LT 35?
    - My mistake. I thought I should post in the most likely section to deal with the question. I'm happy to repost.

I don't know how you intended your words to sound but for a first post, it came over as just a wee bit aggressive but I doubt you meant it that way. You were just shocked at my statement.

Well, the answer is that it's actually my wifes. She bought it, and the V5 hasnt been sent from the DVLA yet so we arent sure. She bought it from another horsey-lady and they don't care about stuff like this. I couldn't believe she hadn't asked. Only we men do, apparently . That's why I don't know what engine size it is

Rod
    1996 LT 35 Engine????