Thread: DPF - diesel particulate filter Problem

Post Thanks / Like

DPF - diesel particulate filter Problem

Hi

Please could anyone here help me?

Car is a 2012 Passat 1.9 TDI
    Mileage 191k
    Recent work replacement EGR valve 180k, new cambelt, service and brake fluid change at 191k

Initial problem/fault
    Car would attempt to start regeneration and start the usual process of revving higher at 1000rpm
    the car would be unable to complete the regeneration and eventually the yellow DPF light would appear.

I then look the car to VW main dealer who diagnosed a replacement DPF alongside all the sensors that are related to the DPF front an rear.

I took it to my local garage for a replacement DPF and sensors alongside some other work as above

Since then I am experiencing the same initial problem with no change even tho the DPF is new

I have attached a screenshot of the soot levels etc -

If anyone has any advice on this be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image1 (3).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	7288  

Post Thanks / Like
    It's called the dpf merry go round , people clean or replace but don't cure the actual underlying fault of what is a flawed system anyway .

Post Thanks / Like
    dpf merry go round i been going around and around for far too long

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

If you had a VW dealer diagnostic scan you should have a printout of the results, you need to post all error codes.

That picture isn't a genuine scan?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

If you had a VW dealer diagnostic scan you should have a printout of the results, you need to post all error codes.

That picture isn't a genuine scan?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Ok i will look into this and post back - that is the tool the mechanic was using tho. Let me ask him

Its true I am looking for a fix and some hope someone here might be able to prompt with an idea that i can recommend to the mechanic so he might be able to fix.

Cheers
    2012 Passat 1.9 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Your location shows 0 where do you live UK or somewhere else?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.