Thread: My Tiguan is driving hard and bumpy

Post Thanks / Like

My Tiguan is driving hard and bumpy

Hello there,
    i am an owner of a 2011 Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI 170PS .

Ever since i bought it, it drives really hard and bumpy (i feel every bump) and my wife and kid complain from the back seats that its like a boat. On a few occasions, where i drove on a road with challenging turns, they almost threw up. I have checked with my mechanic about the shock-absorbers on the 4 wheels and it turned out the front 2 were changed with Sachs and the rear ones where not. I have no DCC in my car.
    Any advice, or someone with similar problem ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you private message me the cars reg number and if at all possible, the part number of the new front dampers?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Bandit

What size wheels you running as my 2013 Tiguan came with 17" with 235/55R17 a somewhat high profile but when i was shopping around for this car i did see others with 18" 19" and even as high as 20" , Keep in mind that low profile tyres can give you better cornering but give you a harder ride and higher profile worse cornering but a softer ride. Going by others reviews 19" to 20" wheels are known for abit harder ride then some would expect .
    2013 Tiguan Match 4Motion 2.0 TDI-CR DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the exact same tires 235/55R17. As for the front dampers, i wouldnt know where to look for the part number.

Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!
    i did, for some reason it wont appear in the introduction section.

Here is a picture, but thats all i could give you right now
    https://imgur.com/26Zc5Gb

Last edited by bandit287; 09-06-20 at 19:57.
    2011 Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI-CR 170PS

Post Thanks / Like
    The part number will be on the Sachs sticker in the picture obscured by the tyre.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)