Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vw golf iv sdi gear sloppy shift

Post Thanks / Like

Vw golf iv sdi gear sloppy shift

Hi,

so i am considering replacing my VW fox since there is nothing wrong with it now so time to have another project and it will be with a VW GOLF IV DSI VARIANT but the biggest issue i have with the new car it is that the gear shifter is very sloppe and it is hard to find 1 gear without accidently putting it in reverse, i have had the same issue with an old golf II many years ago but i cant really find the repair kit or what i should relace fixing this, i hope some you you have a great fix for this.
    2005 Fox 1.2
    2001 Golf Variant 2.0 SDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a Golf 4 or 5, you state both?
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Im sorry it is a golf 4. It goes in gears very smooth it is just that feels like it is somewhere maybe the push part to come to the reverse gear that is wrong with. I find a thread here but it is not the sameparts i found out on the internet store.
    2005 Fox 1.2

Post Thanks / Like
    I've updated your car spec.

Mk5 Golf Variant DSI? Is that a typo for SDI as the title says?

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2001-04/2002, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: AQM, 50Kw, 68PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 10/1997-04/2001, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: AGP, 50Kw, 68PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/1996-12/1997, Model: Golf, Engine Code: AEY, 47Kw, 64PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 07/1995-05/1996, Model: Golf Variant, Engine Code: AEY, 47Kw, 64PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 01/2004-07/2005, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BDK, 55Kw, 75PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t recall there being a 2.0 SDI Golf 4 Variant.... there was a 1.9 with the AQM code engine so I think it would be a good idea for you to private message me your UK REG number so we can establish which car you have.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a Golf 4, 1.9 DSI, no turbo only diesel injection, engine delivers 68PS.
    i am going to buy it today or whenever the seller is ready, there is some things to work on it so i am getting for a fair price and low mileage.
    2005 Fox 1.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qib View Post
    It is a Golf 4, 1.9 DSI, no turbo only diesel injection, engine delivers 68PS.
    i am going to buy it today or whenever the seller is ready, there is some things to work on it so i am getting for a fair price and low mileage.
    You have done it again 1.9 DSI they don't make a DSI engine it SDI another typo? As I've shown the engine codes for SDI.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2001-04/2002, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: AQM, 50Kw, 68PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 10/1997-04/2001, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: AGP, 50Kw, 68PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Suction Diesel Injection (SDI) Timing belt
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the AQM SD engine, S for Saug and D for Diesel where Saug means suck, so Sucking Diesel... It is a rod shift system so something is worn, get someone to stir the lever whilst you watch the linkage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh i didnt notice the difference between those two, but yes is it the SDI.
    so i finally got the car it is a year 2001 with only 82000 km on it.
    i opened op the gear shifter cover and there it was, there is some sort of a reverse gear guide i have not seen on youtube or yet any parts catalogue. Looks like when the shifter is pressed down it should go under this guide to be able to go on reverse, but this guide is worn so the pin just Goes through under it. I will now try to find out what the part number is for this to replace it.
    2005 Fox 1.2

Post Thanks / Like
    It is referred to as a "stop", part number 1J0 711 149 and 25.51 from any VAG dealer as it is used right across the PQ34 platform on the rod shift linkage versions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast