Thread: 2008 Golf Plus head light issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry 2008 Golf Plus head light issues.

Hello, My nearside headlight has stopped working. It has blow a few bulbs in the last six months but this time it is not the bulb as it has not blown.

This is what i've tried so far with no success

I have swapped the bulb
    I have swapped the bulb holders
    I have used a multi meter to make sure that the car is not spiking voltage.
    I removed the head light and found that there was a little bit of melted plastic on one the contacts I have cleaned that up. Not sure where it has melted from mind you!.

There is 12v getting to the contact points that feed the bulb so I am a little stumped as to why the bulb will not work?????????????

Any ideas?

I was thinking that the melted plastic is obviously not a good sign and have found a used light the same as mine but i don't want to replace it unless i have to..

Another issue is how the hell do you undo the electrical plug at the back. I looks a little broken from a previous user but it will not pull away from the headlight unit!!

PS I HATE THIS CAR ITS LIKE TRIGGERS BROOM THE AMOUNT I'VE REPLACED but at this moment in time I cannot afford a replacement!

Thanks in advance!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You have made 2 posts with the same text I've deleted the other one and moved this one to the correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles.

You need to check all fuses/relay and connections.

Are you fitting standard bulbs or LED?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    If one headligbt is work and as far as i know they run off the same fuse so i dont think its that or do they run of separate relays and fuses?

Post Thanks / Like
    The lights are all powered from the central electrics unit, a computer controlled system that will not play by the old rules as it senses what is going on and reacts by shutting down the circuit.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds expensive.. Is the only way of testing it to get it plugged in and bent ovee by VW???

Post Thanks / Like
    A competent diagnostic system such as VCDS or ODBII will do it and are a good investment if you do a lot of work on VAG cars. I charge extra for the bending over bit with cost options such as specific clothing and "implements".
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)