Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK6 2.0 TDI Golf Gremlins !! help please P2122 Fault code

Post Thanks / Like

MK6 2.0 TDI Golf Gremlins !! help please P2122 Fault code

Hi Guys and girls,

I picked up a lovely golf 2011 few weeks ago and have been struggling to figure out the problem, so when I first start it up I get a ERR message where the milage shows on dash, and that disappears , then when I drive off I get the same ERR message when I reach about 5 mph, and there is no cruise control working,

So the there is another fault 2813 accelerator position sensor G79 - P2122, The car never had a EML light on when I got it but would not rev over 3000 RPM when driving , Also when I checked I see that accelerator pedal sensor voltage 1 is showing as 0% while sensor 2 was getting a reading of good voltage,

, so I got a accelerator pedal from another mk6 but this one was 1.6 tdi so not sure if that mattered ,, but after I tried this one on the car I got a different error ! 4123 sensor reference voltage A - P0641. 167 open circuit and also P2127 signal to low

I have ordered a second hand foot pedal for the 2.0 litre so hoping it will make a difference, but I am now having drama with dpf as it seems one of the temp sensors is not giving voltage so the car will not allow me to force a regen with vcds as it just shows error when I try,

the temp sensor is the middle one out of the 3 on top right side engine bay, I think it was a orange colour but I found it goes to near the top of the dpf and is not visible so going to be a nightmare to change it when I can find one for sale second hand,

So my questions are , has anyone ever come accross this problem before? I have searched internet and accord to rosstech the fault P2122 is either , faulty accelerator pedal, faulty ECU or faulty wiring ,, well I should also mention there is a full service history with the car and I called the last service garage whom had told me and I have checked its true they have put new wiring loom to the accelerator pedal , so that can be ruled out,

I wonder if a faulty temperature sensor could cause this? I am not getting any fault codes for the temperature sensor being broken, but I am getting 0% voltage from that sensor which is why it will not let me do a DPF regen,

Any help is most welcome!
    thanks guys and girls
    2011 Golf 1.6 TDI-CR, DSG
    1995 Transporter T4 2.4D AAB

Post Thanks / Like
    We could do with a full printed fault code report using VCDS. The accelerator signal works like that, sensor 1 is 0% at rest and 2% is 100% and as it is pushed down they change, crossing over at 50% and ending up so 1 is 100% and 2 is 0% fully down.
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to post pictures of the code report but it said error when I tried to upload the pics, maybe the pics are to big? I dont know how to shrink them?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was getting 0 voltage when pressing the pedal up and down , I read about what you mention mr crasher , you are very wise with these cars , I appreciate you taking to the time to read this, i use a small laptop computer to scan the car, I have no idea how to upload the full scan on that but can post pictures what I took of the screen if I can manage to shrink the size of them down I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3145.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	7359Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3175.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	7360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3176.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	7361
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3429.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	7358  

Post Thanks / Like
    the first 3 pictures are of the original fault as I got the car,,, the attached thumb is the faults it gave with a different accelerator pedal from a 1.6 tdi I borrowed from another car, so it maybe a fault with different pedal programming but doubt it. oh and if anyone wants to know how to shrink pics, email them to yourself and mark as small !

Post Thanks / Like
    The best way is to do a full scan and save it as a text file, then you can open it in Word or similar and paste it into your post, pasting it in between in the # [code] [\code] function using the button next to last in the second row of tabs in advanced reply mode. I will have to do a little tutorial post about this to help and stop me having to write it each time as it is a useful function.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The best way is to do a full scan and save it as a text file, then you can open it in Word or similar and paste it into your post, pasting it in between in the # [code] [\code] function using the button next to last in the second row of tabs in advanced reply mode. I will have to do a little tutorial post about this to help and stop me having to write it each time as it is a useful function.

appreciate the help,

would you be able to offer any insight without the full scan? Is this something you have ever come across ?
    I have never seen the ERR message before , and after searching it , it maybe a case that the ecu has problem , damn shame as I really like this car and am currently using as my daily

Post Thanks / Like
    Which pedal part number is fitted and private message me the cars reg.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pedal unit you should have is 1K2 721 503 M BUT due to problems this was dropped in 2010 and replaced by 1K2 721 503 AJ, these cost 127.16 from VW, there are at least 5 different pedals you will come across. ECU failure is extremely rare and fitting a new one is a complex operation to do properly and correctly, only possible if the dealer system ODIS with GEKO security clearance is used... i.e. normally a dealer job. A new ECU for yours, 03L 906 018 AN is 1459.80 plus installation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast