Thread: 2017 Sportsvan manual download

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Sportsvan manual download

Hi all,
    I have a 2017 Sportsvan bought in France with French VIN and I am looking for the manual in English.

Not available as a download in France, have to go to dealer and order and pay for a printed copy( which here will take ages) French VINs do not work in UK site and it seems neither in the German site.
    What are my options?
    Is it safe to share a UK VIN for same model year?

I understand there may be some spec differences between UK and FR Golfs but cool with that!
    TIA Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    If you mean “is it safe to post the cars VIN” then yes as it is not personal data where your registration number is BUT under GDPR guidelines a cars VIN could, using none open source systems, be used to identify an individual. For example, someone in the motor trade could establish a vehicles registration number and by using “other” methods, be able to trace that car to an individual and subsequently, their residence. Then again we all drive around with our registration emblazoned on the front and back of our vehicles for all the world to see. An interesting example of this from a motor trade perspective is the new VAG digital service system which uses the VIN but not the registration as that is personal data.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this thread minus the engine size/type.

Your location is vague just because you bought it in France doesn't mean you live there.

There are no free drivers handbooks to download. Go to a dealer and order one.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    There are no free drivers handbooks to download. Go to a dealer and order one.
    Not sure why you're saying this Keith? For UK VWs registered after November 2018, you can usually read and download the appropriate Owner's Manual at https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/manuals. (The link seems to be down again at the moment though!) The same page also says you can order a printed copy from your dealer.

However I agree it seems unlikely that the OPs VIN will be recognised as valid by VW UK even though the generic manual is very likely to cover a French-spec car.

I suspect that what iwallace was asking was whether it was safe to ask someone to share their UK VIN with him so he could use that to access a manual... and of course there is nothing to stop him seeing a UK registered SV, noting down its VIN and using that once the website is working again

Chris
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Now that VW have ceased production of the Golf SV, and believe cars should only come in 50 shades of grey, I have ordered a Race Blue Skoda Karoq Sportline as a replacement!

Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies about my etiquette. My Car is a 2017 1.5 TSI 130 BHP DSG (Connect edition - they dont do S, SE etc here in France). Its got one of those drop down towbars so I can pop on my bike carrier. I live in France.

Chris - you nailed it but I dont Think well see too many UK reg cars this year and SVs even rarer. Customer Service is such a pain here. Paid good money for the car not paying more for a paper manual when its sits on a webserver somewhere.

What I really wanted was somebody to share a link to it.

Keep well all

Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ian,

As VWUK now only supply online manuals for nearly-new cars (!) my details wouldn't help you as my car is now much too old for me to access its online manual! (I used to be able to, so I suspect that VWUK have revised their policy yet again )

I wasn't aware that you were actually living in France, but agree when I'm visiting I don't see many other Sportsvans there! (Now Germany is a very different story )

As you can see I'm switching to Skoda, who have a much more enlightened policy in that you can freely download the correct manual for any of their cars from the Skoda UK website even before you've bought the car!

Best Wishes, and hope someone can oblige,

Chris
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI DSG in Tornado Red, with Perth alloys, Bi-Xenons + LED DRLs, Discover Navigation, Climatronic, Sunroof, Foglights, Mirror Pack, Lane Assist Side Scan & Dynamic Light Assist, Rear view Camera & Winter Pack!

Now that VW have ceased production of the Golf SV, and believe cars should only come in 50 shades of grey, I have ordered a Race Blue Skoda Karoq Sportline as a replacement!

7. Thanks iwallace thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t understand why VW UK are so tight about handbooks.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

9. Likes iwallace liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CJJE View Post
    Not sure why you're saying this Keith? For UK VWs registered after November 2018, you can usually read and download the appropriate Owner's Manual at https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/manuals. (The link seems to be down again at the moment though!) The same page also says you can order a printed copy from your dealer.
    Well that is the stupid link, on IE11 it says I need to update my web browser to Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome.

I have Firefox as a backup and that shows the same message.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

11. Likes iwallace liked this post