Thread: Rattle at 3000rpm

Post Thanks / Like

Rattle at 3000rpm

Hi guys havenít posted for a while but wondering if anyone at all can help me especially crasher heís pretty clued up 👍 I have an annoying rattle at 300rpm cold or warm and itís there everyday had it for months and can not pinpoint it. It sounds like stones in a can rattling around Iíve checked heat shield itís not that so Iím at a lose. Also no error codes Iíve checked those. Any suggestions would be awesome
    2010 Golf Match 1.6 TDI-CR, stage 1.5 from Eco tech performance 145.6 Bhp

Post Thanks / Like
    Very difficult to say without experiencing it first hand but I am getting a lot of CAYC type engines with worn cam to cam drive gears so listen to see if the noise is in the head at the gearbox end.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 Ė 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic lol il do a bit more investigating it only appears at 2800-3000rpm stationary or in motion but disappears at higher revs it is literally only at that rpm, that appears to be the magic number. I bet thatís a nice hefty price tag too if that is the issue Think it could be time to scrap it tbh it struggles to start some times and the times it struggles it puffs a bit of smoke out the back but very rarely

Post Thanks / Like
    You should not even contemplate scraping a ten year old car, it is not environmentally considerate.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 Ė 13 April 1956)