Thread: Driver's Door Not Opening With Key Fob When Adjacent To Door

Post Thanks / Like

Driver's Door Not Opening With Key Fob When Adjacent To Door

2009 Passat CC 2.0 TDI. Hi, I have two key fobs and both won't open the driver's door when standing next to the driver's door. Strange because the key fobs unlock/lock all the other doors and open the boot just fine! I have noticed that standing a couple of metres directly in front of the car or directly behind the car is the only way to lock/unlock all doors with either key fob. Don't understand what's going one here? RF receiver at driver's side not working?
    2009 Passat CC 2.0 TDI-CR CBBB

Post Thanks / Like
    How long is a piece of string?

Have you replaced the battery in the key fob that is the first thing to try CR2032.

If both key fobs don't work then.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I replaced batteries around 4 months ago. Nothing comes up in scan. All doors open/close fine with both keys except driver's door - have to stand directly in front or directly behind car to unlock/lock all doors INCLUDING the driver's door; the driver's door won't open close using either key when you stand directly at the driver's door??? Started behaving this way around a month ago (previously you could stand anywhere including at the driver's door and lock/unlock all doors).

Might disconnect 12V battery and then reconnect later and also change CR2032 batteries in key fobs again and see what happens? Very strange and I can't think of any explanation!
    2009 Passat CC 2.0 TDI-CR CBBB

Post Thanks / Like
    I would get a scan done on the central convenience system, Passat 3C door locks are extremely unreliable but the RF receiver is behind the glovebox.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)