Thread: First time seller/part exchange

Post Thanks / Like

First time seller/part exchange

I have a 2011 Golf Mark 6, 130300 miles, rust on boot panel and small amount on front panel. Suspension has been done three times in 5 years I've had the car. I don't speed or fly over bumps, this is a family car I bought from VW with one previous owner which seems to have been a complete Friday car and I have had poor experiences of garages, one fitted the wrong suspension. ECR valve replaced, gear replaced.

I need to sell it, I no longer want to plough money in to it. I know the suspension needs done again as I can hear it.

I think the best thing would be part exchange, perhaps get 1500 for it. The car cost 10500. Does this sound about right given the condition?

Post Thanks / Like
    Difficult one, I just bought a 2010 Passat 2.0 TDI with just a faulty turbo for 500, I assume yours is a TDI but which one and which trim level as a basic 1.6 TDI and a 2 litre GTD have a huge value gap between them.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

That is a vague title.

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this thread minus the engine size/type.

Thread moved to the correct section.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.