Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Codes P0341 and P00C6

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Codes P0341 and P00C6

Hi Everyone,

I took my cylinder head off to remove a snapped injector clamp bolt. Whilst at it, I changed the fuel filter.
    I removed the vacuum pump and only loosen the cam pulley to help take the cylinder head off.
    I have used a vacuum extractor to purge air out of the system.
    Tried starting and the car will not start. I ran diagnostics with an Autel Maxisys and got these two fault codes:
    P0341 and P00C6.

Any direction in resolving this will be greatly appreciate as I am now desparate.

Car is a 2011 Touran 1.6 TDI
    2011 Touran 1.6 TDI-CR CAYC

Post Thanks / Like
    Why the hell do members post using the stupid fonts/colours!!! it looks crap. Just use the default ones.

Post edited.

Autel Maxisys is a generic scanner.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

VAG Error Code: 16725/000833/6039/4113
    EOBD II Error Code: P0341

Fault Location:
    Camshaft Position (Hall) Sensor (G40) - Implausible Signal

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Wiring/Connector(s).
    Camshaft Position (Hall) Sensor (G40) faulty.
    Timing misaligned.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s)..
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).
    Check Camshaft Position (Hall) Sensor (G40).
    Check Timing.

Tech Notes:
    Sometimes and in some models, low battery voltage or a weak starter can trigger a Camshaft Position Sensor code.

When is the code detected?:
    The camshaft position sensor signal sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM) during the first few seconds of engine cranking is out of range.

Description:
    The Camshaft Position (Hall) Sensor is an electronic device used in an engine to record the rate at which the camshaft is spinning. This information is used by the Engine Control Module (ECM) to control ignition and fuel injection. The camshaft position sensor senses the retraction of camshaft (intake) to identify a particular cylinder. The Camshaft Position (Hall) Sensor senses the piston position. The sensor system consists of a rotating part, typically a disc, as well as a static part, the actual sensor. When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change. When the Crankshaft Position Sensor system becomes inoperative, the camshaft position sensor provides various controls of engine parts instead, utilizing timing of cylinder identification signals.

When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change.

When the Crankshaft Position Sensor system becomes inoperative, the Camshaft Position (Hall) Sensor provides various controls of engine parts instead, utilizing timing of cylinder identification signals.

VAG Error Code: 10119
    EOBD II Error Code: P00C6

Fault Location:
    High Pressure Fuel Rail - Engine Cranking - Pressure too Low/Minimum Pressure Not Reached

Possible Cause:
    Fuel level low.
    Fuel leak/blockage.
    Fuel Pump (G6).
    Injector(s).
    Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247).

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the prompt response @ Keithuk. Not sure how I changed the font but hopefully this is the default.

I will get a different reader as suggested.

Post Thanks / Like
    That first code would say the valve timing is wrong. If the CRTDI fuel system is opened up then it MUST be electronically purged or you stand a high chance of damaging the mechanically driven high pressure fuel pump.
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    That first code would say the valve timing is wrong. If the CRTDI fuel system is opened up then it MUST be electronically purged or you stand a high chance of damaging the mechanically driven high pressure fuel pump.
    Thank you. I have been running through events in my head and remembered one of the camshaft moved when I lifted the cylinder head and forgot to revisit it. So I would agree with the valve timing issue.
    I assume I need a VAG tool to electronically purge the fuel system and cannot be done with my Autel MaxiSys MS906?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just replied to the same thread you made on MTD with the same error code results.

Autel MaxiSys MS906 is a generic scanner you need to use VAG-COM\VCDS to purge the fuel system.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need a diagnostic system that can do basic settings, such as VCDS.
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks both. I was hoping that the Autel (as advanced as it is, programming etc) could do it but it appears not. I’ll try and find a VCDS to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your profile doesn't say where you live?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Your profile doesn't say where you live?
    Profile updated.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast