Thread: Touran 1T2 Clutch Disc and Flywheel Replacement

Post Thanks / Like

Touran 1T2 Clutch Disc and Flywheel Replacement

Hi guys,

I have a 2007 Touran 1T2 1.4 TSI with BMY engine and a manual 02S (JXP) transmission. The car did 127k km (79k miles) on the original clutch plate and flywheel. I started to notice that sometimes the transmission has difficulties shifting to reverse and there is a slight rattling noise coming out from the clutch housing. Can these be the signs of the clutch plate and/or flywheel nearing the end of their lifes? The clutch feels solid and I didn't notice it slipping but there might be a slight vibration coming thru both the pedal and gear selector. Also, it looks like I might have a leak too because the bottom of the transmission housing was covered in oil/clutch fluid. It wasn't that bad to start dripping on the floor but there is definitely something going on down there. I will try to take a picture of it tomorrow and upload it here.
    I tried to look up the part numbers just to prepare myself mentally for the costs. I think I managed to get the right one for the clutch and pressure plate, but I found two part numbers for the flywheel and I'm not sure which one is the correct for my car.

Flywheel:
    03C 105 269 H
    06F 105 266 N

Clutch plate and pressure plate:
    03C 141 015 J
    03C 141 015 JX

Cheers
    2007 Touran 1.4 TSI BMY

Post Thanks / Like
    https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/ keep this in your favorites/bookmarks for reference. It shows the same picture layout as ETKA. As it will save me checking ETKA, which isn't working with the new 8.2 version
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Thanks matyohimzes thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Keithuk. I found the same two part numbers for the flywheel on the site:

03C 105 269 H flywheel 228MM BMY,BLG
    06F 105 266 N flywheel dual clutch gearbox+BMY,BLG

So I assume the second one is for the DSG transmission and the first one is for manual?
    Also, assuming that the clutch needs replacing, what else should I consider getting done if the transmission is already out? Release bearing, perhaps the lever and guide sleeve?
    Last edited by matyohimzes; 30-06-20 at 17:54.
    2007 Touran 1.4 TSI BMY

Post Thanks / Like
    We did one of these yesterday using the LUK SAC 4 piece kit. When the box was out we could see the flywheel had locked over at an angle and my mechanic had to use a disc cutter to chop out the centre section to get at the bolts.
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

6. Thanks matyohimzes thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Crasher. Just out of curiosity, is there a recommended service interval for these clutches?
    In the meantime I tried to investigate the source of the leak. It seems to be coming from where the gearbox housing and gearbox cover is bolted together (at the left edge of the picture), but it is difficult to tell, it could also be leaking down from somewhere above. I will have to take out the air filter housing to see what's going on at the top. Is there a usual suspect for leaks in this area? Also, it doesn't help that I was stupid enough to clean up the leak a while ago. What is a bit reassuring though that it didn't seem to get worse since, so the leak is probably something minor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200701_141714715.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	7392
    2007 Touran 1.4 TSI BMY

Post Thanks / Like
    Stupid question: The 4 pieces in the LUK SAC kit being clutch plate, pressure plate, release bearing and flywheel?
    2007 Touran 1.4 TSI BMY

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the leak clean fluid or dirty? This is the flywheel problem. No there is no interval, just as and when.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    That doesn't look too healthy. I hope you managed to get it out in the end. Do you know what coused it to get locked like this?
    The fluid is clean, I guess it is either the clutch/brake fluid or the transmission fluid.
    By the way, on the picture I linked do you know what is the function of that small hatch with the VW logo on it? Could the leak come from there too?
    Last edited by matyohimzes; 01-07-20 at 20:51.
    2007 Touran 1.4 TSI BMY

Post Thanks / Like
    The car was in and out in a day and a half with the timing belt done as well, the flywheel is tow part and when the damping system fails, the plate can lock over. If they get really bad, all the damping material starts to ooze out and it's disgusting stuff! The part with the VW logo is the shift rod base bush and these often weep, the one on my Octavia does, but it is only a tiny leak.

12. Thanks matyohimzes thanked for this post