Thread: Vw tiguan 2 litre diesel year 2012 all wheel drive. Engine code, cffb.

Post Thanks / Like

Vw tiguan 2 litre diesel year 2012 all wheel drive. Engine code, cffb.

HI all, things have for been very quite for a few months covid had scared most of us, now my vw tiguan has let me down year 2012 Tiguan 2.0 TDI

the car seems to have turbo boost problems, vcds showed light for dpf soot problem had that sorted, still the problem, checked most vacuum hoses,

fitted n75 vacuum unit, waste gate working freely with vacuum pump, i have been advised to change the boost pressure sensor if someone can tell me its location i think it wont be in a handy spot, thank you meantime.
    Boscher.
    2012 Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI-CR CFFB
    2004 Touran 1.9 TDI-PD, AVQ
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Covid didn’t/won’t scare me... what really frightens me is the way people have behaved over it.

When you fitted the new vacuum actuator, did you calibrate it using VCDS?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you crasher, i did not fit a new vacuum actuator, i tested the vac unit a number of times with a vacuum pump, it holds good, and the the control rod is working as it should, i checked all vacuum hoses as best i could, the fault is intermittent it may happen at 100 metres and then drive 30 miles perfect, the turbo just goes dead no power it is very dangerous at crossroads or traffic lights. vcds now showing boost pressure sensor.i will try a new sensor on monday i will let you know how it goes. bosher.
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    In that case it is simply the old problem of carbon inside the turbo causing the actuator to randomly stick.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    a Crasher hope you are wrong, do not fancy that job with no lift, just removed the boost pressure sensor cleaned oil of same got the bosch no 0281002977 have ordered same trying the easy ones first, 82,000mls. never had any bother until i put 60 of diesel at a well known Grocery store starts with a ssss. i will keep in touch. boscher.
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Crasher, roughly how long would it take to remove the turbo check and clean same and refit same i have no lift just two jacks and stands. thank you boscher.
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    Awful task without a lift and the four wheel drive bevel box turns it into a nightmare from below with from above not being the accepted way to do it. Lying on my back I could no longer do it, too old... The VW book time is about six hours which is a joke, it would take my experienced lad at least 10 and that is on a 6ft two post lift. This is the text from the VW procedure for this platform, it heavily unplays how much work is involved.

Removing and installing the gas turbocharger

Note

Reinstall the heat protection sleeve in the same place during installation.

Attention!

If mechanical damage (for example, a damaged compressor wheel) is found on the exhaust gas turbocharger, it is not sufficient to only replace the exhaust gas turbocharger. To avoid consequential damage, the following work must be carried out:

Check air filter housing, air filter insert and air guide hoses for contamination.

Check the entire charge air duct and charge air cooler for foreign bodies.

If foreign bodies are found in the charge air system, clean the charge air duct and replace the charge air cooler if necessary.

Remove particle filter.

Remove air filter housing.

Disconnect hose for crankcase ventilation from cylinder head cover. To do this, press the release buttons.

Expose vacuum hoses on air duct.

Unscrew screw, swivel air duct with intake manifold backwards and pull off turbocharger.

Remove the heat protection sleeve.

Disconnect vacuum hose from the vacuum socket of the exhaust gas turbocharger.

Disconnect vacuum hose.

Unplug electrical connector at position sensor for boost pressure regulator -G581-.

Expose electrical connector for exhaust gas temperature sender 1 -G235- and electrical cable.

Remove screws.

Release hose clip and remove pulsation damper.

Unscrew screws and remove pipes for exhaust gas recirculation.

On vehicles with additional heating, remove the holder for the coolant lines for the additional heating from the cylinder block or the bevel gear and from the oil pan.
    Unscrew screws, union nut and banjo bolts, remove support for exhaust gas turbocharger with oil feed line.

Remove right drive shaft.

Pull the right output shaft out of the bevel gear.

Unscrew banjo bolt and bolts and.

Open the connection clamp to the oil supply line, separate the support from the oil supply line and remove it.

Note

The oil volume line can be screwed onto the exhaust gas turbocharger from above or from below. For some vehicle types (e.g. Touran, Golf Plus), the water box end wall must be removed to remove the oil feed line screwed from above to the exhaust gas turbocharger.

Unscrew the oil feed line from the exhaust gas turbocharger.

Unscrew screws and remove heat shield.

Remove the exhaust gas turbocharger with the exhaust manifold from the cylinder head so that the intake side points downwards. Remove the turbocharger with the exhaust manifold facing down.

Post Thanks / Like
    HI crasher, you were not 99. 9 % in your turbo diagnosis, you were 100% correct, i have a 1940 age problem i had a good luck at the the job while lying under the tig and all of a sudden i took pains everywhere, the car has not let me down in the past 300 mls but she has to go to someone who feels fit for the job, only 82,000 mls, i will buy another one and note they are not very comfortable for older people mine is torture on a long journey but i like the 4 wheel drive for the winter, meantime thank you very much. boscher.
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Crasher, my tiguan has gone, dealer trade in for 2016 tig one owner, 14000 mls, more details later. thank you, you helped me move up the years hope i might get peace for a period.
    Boscher.
    2005 Golf 1.4 FSI