Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just changed Oil and Filter Mk6 1.6TDI Bluemotion oil temp up to 120˚ why ???

Post Thanks / Like

Just changed Oil and Filter Mk6 1.6TDI Bluemotion oil temp up to 120˚ why ???

Hi Guys

Just changed my Oil and oil filter myself on my 2013 Golf BlueMotion 1.6 TDI as just bought it used and oil was pretty Dirty , Used quality Bosch Filter and Quantum longlife 5W30 Full Synthetic oil (petrol/diesel) which recommended online i saw .. Since oil change the Dash digital Oil Temp Reading has been going up to 120˚ - on way home today was hovering 112˚-117˚ but seems go up and down between this range withing a few miles and up to 120 - the analog water temp gauge stays at around 90˚ so that looks ok. Does anyone Know is there something to reset if do a oil and filter change - or any idea why this High , i had a google but seems Much higher then most people mention . I dodnt rememeber it this high before changed oil But i only just bought it and didnt drive so much before changed ...

Any suggestions appriciated Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Possibly the oil cooler is blocked in its water section. Check the electric water pump at the front of the engine under the car is working as these are VERY prone to failure and are a support pump for the system.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Possibly the oil cooler is blocked in its water section. Check the electric water pump at the front of the engine under the car is working as these are VERY prone to failure and are a support pump for the system.
    Thanks for the Reply Crasher - would that have got Blocked during the oil and Oil filter change as pretty sure the oil Temp wasnt that High before ? Also i used to be a mechanical fitter over 25years ago (tyres brakes shock exhausts) so mechanically inclined - but didnt work on anything since then or anything this modern ...

how to check if the Oil cooler is Blocked
    and
    What is the best way to check the water Pump working - after locating it pull a Hose off one side I would guess or just feel the water in the Hose ?????
    Thanks Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

I've just read your thread on http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/f...-Golf-MK6-2009

What's the mileage?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

I've just read your thread on http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/f...-Golf-MK6-2009

What's the mileage?
    Hi Keith
    Sorry skipped the introduction I guess - i promise will bot get a free fix and Vanish as Just bought the car few weeks Back so expect i will be here a bit as things need doing .

Milage is 64K give or Take - but as mentioned as far as i can remember think the oil temp was around 103˚ or less before changed oil and oil filter - didnt do anything else yet. didnt even fill coolant or washer bottle as they were fine .. Just did a short 5miles this evening for a walk and coming back started at --- and finished after a gentle 5mile journey was 104 i think - but that higher temp was yesterday I did about a 30min drive one dual carriage way but mostly countryside so no strain or fast bits - and i am NOT a boy racer , so go easy ..
    2013 Golf BlueMotion 1.6 TDI-CR

Post Thanks / Like
    A faulty electric support pump should come up as a fault code using VAG specific diagnostic equipment.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    A faulty electric support pump should come up as a fault code using VAG specific diagnostic equipment.

Thanks - I dont have one of those, I see you can buy super cheap ones on ebay is it worth getting one those ?
    thanks Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    No, you need FULL VCDS which is around 550... anything less is a useless waste of time and money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey

Ok well i am Not going to get one those just to check my own Private car - so back to the beginning
    whats best way to check if the oil cooler Blocked in water section
    and check if water Pump working ?

without buying a Full VCDS ???
    Cheers Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    With the ignition on you should be able to feel the pump running if you touch it and maybe just hear it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast