Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Pops & Bangs

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Pops & Bangs

    hi was just wondering if i get a 2.5inch straight pipe cat back exhaust would i be able to get a pop and Bang map on my 2009 Scirocco 2.0 TSI

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Administrator Crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    24,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think people that do this should be executed at the road side and left to rot as an example to others (only half joking).

    It depends on how it is constructed by my full 2.5" system with sports cat is barely audible and I only have a rear silencer. For it to pop and bang like the Golf 5 GTI 2.0 TSI (AXX engine) it needs to be specifically mapped to do it and it sounds terrible.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

    Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

  3. #3
    Administrator Keithuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Posts
    18,203
    Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.


  4. #4
    Senior Member SpikyBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part of me wants my GTI to burble, pop and bang, the other, let’s say 70% of me, says something about the other 30% that would be unrepeatable here.
    2019 Golf GTiI Performance. 2.0 TSI 245 PS. Black pearlescent. Rear View Camera. Winter Pack.
    2018 Polo SE 1.0 TSI 95 PS​ Reflex Silver.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sam&Anne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Northern Ireland UK
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Around here we have some sort of a BMW running on pure Rice Krispies, the well known breakfast cereal.
    Snap Crackle and Pop anyone?

    Give me strength, and a decent breakfast.........
    2015 Golf SV SE 1.4 TSI, DSG. Limestone grey. Sat Nav. F & R parking sensors. RVC. Digital climate control. Fog lamps.
    Wife: VW UP!

  6. #6
    Administrator Crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    24,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a complete ***** around here with a Lexus 200 and the noise it makes can be heard for miles, it sounds broken... why make you car sound broken? As Mrs Crasher says, it’s a fad and they will grow out of it and grow up at the same time.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

    Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put it down to not being breast-fed as a baby , leading to lack of self esteem...

    John
    2005 Polo 9N3 1.4S 16v, Petrol, BKY engine, GRZ gearbox, 5 Speed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •