Thread: Solo the Polo

Post Thanks / Like

Solo the Polo

Got my first VW on Friday and have had my fondness of cars somewhat rekindled, funny how 123ps per tonne can do that.

Anyway! Here's some snaps:

My first mod, a quick de-badge:

Post Thanks / Like
    I've added IMG tags to your pictures so they show on a forum rather than clicking on each link to look at them.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

3. Thanks WeeabooJones thanked for this post
    Likes WeeabooJones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had the car just over a week now, loving it so far, getting 40mpg average with my 14 urban miles a day journey & though it's not super loud or sporty I am liking the exhaust noise.

Haven't done much to it since my last post, except got rid of those awful GB plates, replaced the faulty N/S indicator lamp & had all the little dents taken out. Also got it a properly wash today.

Got a black front badge arriving in the post soon, getting a quote for tinting the windows tomorrow and once that's done I've also got an MCM decal arriving in the post because I love those two maaaad blokes. Also getting a new key coded on Tuesday but that's not that interesting.

I'm still convinced this is the best angle of the car:

2015 Polo BlueGT 1.4 TSI ACT

Post Thanks / Like
    Been a while but finally got some (sort of) worthy updates.

After doing 14 miles of 99% urban driving 5/6 days a week, over the past two months, I'm getting an average of 42.5mpg which I pretty pleased with. It's a tad lower than my last car but at least in this one can overtake bicyclists going uphill.

Last month the outer shell on the centre wheel cap on the N/S/R wheel fell off after I got the car washed. I noticed it a few hours later & it genuinely looked like someone had just replaced the centre cap with one that had corroded to hell. I went back to the people that washed it and asked them & one of them said the cover fell off whilst washing it and he picked it up from the floor around the wash bay and handed it to me, great customer service there There was no way the cover could be fitted back onto the cap so I had to get a new one. A new one cost just over 12 directly from VW but luckily they did sell them individually rather than in packs of 4.

I got the door & rear windows tinted to give a bit of an aesthetic improvement, hard to tell unless you compare before & after photos but hey, I like it:

I replaced the dated looking halogen DRL bulbs with LEDs & I think they look MUCH better:

& yes, the front badge is slightly off centre in that last pic which brings me onto my next change, I finally found a black front badge that actually fits! It was genuinely my 3rd attempt after getting one that didn't quite (my fault) & an online store sending me the wrong badge (their fault) but it was the same store that finally supplied one that fits & personally I think looks great (& yes this next picture doesn't show that the badge is straight but I took this one today & am really happy with how it came out):

The last small change I made was today, after two months of waiting my MCM sticker finally arrived! I think those mad blokes are great & now wear their badge with pride! :biglaugh:

This is it now for a while. I've got some scratches on the body & marks on the wheels I want to take care of soonish but the more interesting stuff (set of new Goodyears/Michelins & a Revo remap) is going to have to wait for a while considering the pounding my wallets been taking lately. But all round I'm pretty chuffed with the car & it's really made me understand people's fondness for the brand as a whole. Already setting a Golf R as my next car in the next few years if things all go to plan, but the world doesn't really seem to be following any kind of plan these days.
    2015 Polo BlueGT 1.4 TSI ACT