Thread: Convenience opening windows

Post Thanks / Like

Convenience opening windows

Hi trying to get the convenience opening to work on my 2017 Golf Match BlueMotion 1.6 TDI.

I have set it to all windows on the screen in the car but it still doesn’t work I unlock the car release fob button then hold in but windows don’t come down am I doing something wrong.

Cheers
    2017 Golf Match BlueMotion 1.6 TDI-CR
    All Fallen Vikings See You In Valhalla
    STABILIS

Post Thanks / Like
    That isn't an easy question to answer on a forum.

All windows or just the drivers?

If there is nothing listed in the MFD settings or sat/nav radio.

On my Golf if I lock it and hold the lock button in for a couple of seconds the rolls up all windows if they are down.

I've never tried it on opening the car.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    It may not be correctly configured in the central convenience system which requires a diagnostic system such as VCDS to alter the long coding.
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 – 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    It may not be correctly configured in the central convenience system which requires a diagnostic system such as VCDS to alter the long coding.
    No didn’t need plugging in at all worked it out just put each window all the way down then up till closed then hold button in up position till you hear a click then all way down then hold button in down position till you hear a click then close window normally.
    Mine will now open and close on key fob but you do need the setting set to all windows in the infotainment screen

Post Thanks / Like
    So the battery has been off recently?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    So the battery has been off recently?
    Not that I’m aware of not had the car long what makes you ask that
    2017 Golf Match BlueMotion 1.6 TDI-CR
    All Fallen Vikings See You In Valhalla
    STABILIS

Post Thanks / Like
    What you have done is the window basic setting procedure which is cleared when the battery is disconnected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Disconnecting the battery for what ever reason when you reconnect it uses basic setting until you drive it for a while then it finds existing settings.

It also resets the fuel trip.

When I fitted a new battery last year the steering wheel light comes on you have to move the steering on locks and it goes off.

The other stupid thing is the tyre pressure warning was on before I changed the battery. After I fitted the battery and checked the tyre pressure I pressed the reset button in the glove box and the light wouldn't go off. I had to drive it 100 metres then I pressed the reset and it went off.

I've never had to do that before when I've pressed the rest button.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Disconnecting the battery for what ever reason when you reconnect it uses basic setting until you drive it for a while then it finds existing settings.

It also resets the fuel trip.

When I fitted a new battery last year the steering wheel light comes on you have to move the steering on locks and it goes off.

The other stupid thing is the tyre pressure warning was on before I changed the battery. After I fitted the battery and checked the tyre pressure I pressed the reset button in the glove box and the light wouldn't go off. I had to drive it 100 metres then I pressed the reset and it went off.

I've never had to do that before when I've pressed the rest button.
    Oh rite cheers I see yeah seems a lot of cars have a habit of resetting things when you have the battery off anyway it’s doing what I want it to now so all good cheers for the reply’s

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to as the very same question about the windows not opening or closing from the remote. My car seems to lose this setting every now and again and I have to go through the procedure that you mentioned. My battery has not been removed since I bought the car and it did in fact lose this setting again this morning.
    2014 Golf Match BlueMotion 1.6 TDI-CR