Thread: Headlight adjuster not functioning

Post Thanks / Like

Headlight adjuster not functioning

Ok, so anyway my n/s headlight beam was pointing down so I got the allen keys out and tried to adjust it but it's not moving. And additionally there's very little resistance when turning the allen key. I understand a great deal of it is plastic, so I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue? And what's the best way to resolve it? As it's the one behind the battery, is it best to take the battery off so I can get better access? Or should I just drop the bumper, remove the headlight and inspect it that way? Are there any diagrams showing the setup so that I have a better idea where everything is? Sorry for the 20 questions.
    Tia if you read this far 👍
    03 Bora 1.9 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest a new unit
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I know that's one option, however the headlight is immaculate apart from this issue, brand new lens, good condition electrically, so it's not really worth it to replace it. But thanks for the reply. I managed to inspect it this evening and it appears the ball and socket on one side has become detached. So hopefully it will just be a case of popping back in. But I'll probably need to remove the battery first for better access.
    03 Bora 1.9 TDI