Thread: 01176 - Key: Signal too Low Code - Starting and immediate cut out

Post Thanks / Like

01176 - Key: Signal too Low Code - Starting and immediate cut out

Hello All,

On my 2009 Passat CC about 25% of the time the car will start, then immediately cut out. After 2/3 attempts it will start and will run fine without issue.

I have had the codes read with VAG diagnostic software and it comes up with 01176 - Key: Signal too Low.

Does anyone have any advice regarding what could be causing this issue and what remedial action needs to be taken please?

I've searched online and can see a number of articles pointing towards an "Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Immobilizer Reader Coil" but im unsure if this is the case with this model of Passat CC

Thanks in advance

Otis

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you got and tried a spare key? This problem on the Passat and CC can often be because the battery is old or a non AGM battery has been fitted to a stop/start car. I have a forum members 2010 CC in at the moment which was acting peculiarly on start up because a conventional lead acid battery had been fitted. We fitted a Yuasa 9000 series battery and the problem went away and the same with our 2009 Passat loan car, that would show a steering lock error and the S/S would not work (plus point!) and this was because it was on its original battery and it was slightly weak, modern cars are very sensitive to the voltage dropping below 12v.
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Have you got and tried a spare key? This problem on the Passat and CC can often be because the battery is old or a non AGM battery has been fitted to a stop/start car. I have a forum members 2010 CC in at the moment which was acting peculiarly on start up because a conventional lead acid battery had been fitted. We fitted a Yuasa 9000 series battery and the problem went away and the same with our 2009 Passat loan car, that would show a steering lock error and the S/S would not work (plus point!) and this was because it was on its original battery and it was slightly weak, modern cars are very sensitive to the voltage dropping below 12v.
    Thanks Crasher,

I've tried the spare key and the car does the same thing so i'm guessing the issue isnt likely to be the keyfob itself.

Another thing I have noticed is that the car has cut out daily since the "01176 - Key: Signal too Low" first appeared and was cleared, but that error hasnt appeared on the diagnostic again since. I've been reading the codes every week or so hoping to find something that points me in the right direction but "unfortunately" the car isnt throwing any new errors on VAG diagnostic.

My car doesnt have start/stop so I dont think it has an AGM battery.

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Which I've posted before.

Your car spec says 0, which I've added from this thread minus the engine size type.

I won't bother posting that error code, I just posted one and this good stupid forum says.

I'm posting spam.

*** Forbidden. Contains contacts. Message seems to be spam. ***

After all the years I've been posting error codes what do you think?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.