Thread: Issues With New Tiguan - Auxilary Coolant Pump.

Post Thanks / Like

Issues With New Tiguan - Auxilary Coolant Pump.

Hi All.

This is my second Tiguan. The first was an 18 plate - this one is a 2020 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 190PS, Petrol DSG.

I have to say I am a little disappointed with the new one.

The new one has a number of changes I don't like. To change from cruise control to speed limiter takes 6 button presses. The normal drive mode now has the "ECO" function as standard. If I wanted that function I'd have gone to ECO mode. However, it is annoying when I am driving slowly. the car coasts and one touch of the accelerator and the clutch reengages, which causes a lurch due to the lower gear and engine braking. To reset the milometer needs a few button presses too!

However, this is the main reason for posting - and wondered if anyone else had the same. The engine has an auxiliary coolant pump that runs for about 3 minutes after the engine is stopped. The previous car had it and ran quietly in the background. The new car is noisier but it also has a noise akin to air being blown through. It happens every time the pump is running post engine shut down, and stops when the pump stops. The sound doesn't happen throughout the time the pump is running - e.g it will be there for a minute, stop for a few seconds, come back again - etc.

I took it back to the dealership a couple of times. Major fob off time. First they said they bled the system. Then they said they couldn't determine it because they needed a similar car to compare it to. Then they have now said they have spoken to VW who say it is normal for that engine. I do not believe that for a start!

Does anyone have an R-Line Petrol 190 PS DSG engine that has that noise? Or does anyone have one that doesn't make that noise?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Thread approved.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    How would I get a scan without going through a dealership?
    2020 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 190PS, Petrol DSG

Post Thanks / Like
    Your location doesn't say in your profile where you live, are you in the UK?

We do have VAG-COM/VCDS User Locations but very few members add their details.

There are loads of VAG garages that should have VAG-COM/VCDS Google them.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    As an aside:

is there anyone who has experienced the noise from the pump? If I am the only one, then the likelihood is that there may be an issue. If others have it, then it may be just one of those things.

my dealership claim they did do a diagnosis which told them to bleed the system. But the noise is still there. If they were right, then a scan code would say the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AS332L View Post

my dealership claim they did do a diagnosis which told them to bleed the system. But the noise is still there. If they were right, then a scan code would say the same?
    If a dealer did a free diagnostic scan because its under warranty what did the scan results show, you need to post them by typing them in correctly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the question was: has anyone else had this issue?