Thread: Pipe connection problems

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Pipe connection problems

okay so ill keep it sweet as i appreciate you even reading this..

2008 Passat B6 2.0 TDI BKP

since owning the car back in December i have always seemed to suffer with a boost leak and high pitch noise changing gears and will blow the odd boost pipe out that connects to the intercooler...... the car drives fine all the time

i had the turbo changed as it was smoking like a train and was kind of disheartened when i got the car back at the sound of a boost leak and the high pitch noise whilst changing gear...... ive looked high and low for a hole or some kind of massive void lol but nothing, so i buy a new boost hose ( the one that kept coming out ..... still the same

im now sure the car is mapped because sometimes it feels slow sometimes i drive and im like ****** hell!!!! the power all comes in around 2k and it flat down low, so i contact a mapping company they come out..... yup it 100% feels like its been mapped so im like great please put it back to standard those days are gone for me ..... ahhhh we cant as the ECU is locked go to vw and get them to plug it and it will wipe it...... vw was a waste of time.

i bite the bullet went on darkside develpoments and paid 400 for the hard pipe kit !!!!! and......... still sounds like a boost leak so im now adamant there is no boost leak as its surely in possible its made for alot more power than i got.

can i change the ECU for another one ? what would this require i think its a vacuum thing as i changed some pipes around on the valve and then the turbo was quite with no boost sound at all but the turbo would only really kick in at 3k lol

please i hope someone can guide me

thank in advance and sorry for the long read
    2008 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-PD BKP

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is a high pitched squeal as you accelerate it could be a leaking EGR pipe, mostly likely one of the two gaskets on the manifold to cooler pipe. When the EGR valve is shut under acceleration, the gases can squeal out of these, often the cooler is damaged when studs fail during turbo removal.
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    If it is a high pitched squeal as you accelerate it could be a leaking EGR pipe, mostly likely one of the two gaskets on the manifold to cooler pipe. When the EGR valve is shut under acceleration, the gases can squeal out of these, often the cooler is damaged when studs fail during turbo removal.
    Okay awesome the pipe from egr itself to the back of engine seem fine what the best way to check it going to cooler ect ?

Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Get it up on a two post lift high in the air and someone in the drivers seat, put it in gear, hold the brake pedal and apply some load whilst slipping the clutch, heel and toe style so an auto makes it easier. The pipe and the cooler are on the back of the engine and it is impossible to do this on the floor or if you did try, extremely dangerous.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Get it up on a two post lift high in the air and someone in the drivers seat, put it in gear, hold the brake pedal and apply some load whilst slipping the clutch, heel and toe style so an auto makes it easier. The pipe and the cooler are on the back of the engine and it is impossible to do this on the floor or if you did try, extremely dangerous.
    awesome ill look into that thank you for your help, if i did have a leak with my egr system somewhere would it be solved if i was to say blank the egr off at the inlet ? that i assume would prevent any leaks ?

many thanks
    2008 Passat B6 2.0 TDI-PD BKP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom3593 View Post
    would it be solved if i was to say blank the egr off at the inlet ?
    That is illegal, immoral and a forum banned subject Banned subjects