Thread: 2.0 TDI CR Fault code P2563.

Post Thanks / Like

2.0 TDI CR Fault code P2563.

I've been having trouble, I'm getting P2563 which we believe itís due to a knackered actuator car sometimes goes in to limp mode with a flashing glow light. Iíve checked the wiring to G581 position sensor which is all fine,
    Having got mityvac and also have a vcds, would anybody be able to tell me how to setup the actuator correctly?

Kind regards

Post Thanks / Like
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0.

2.0 TDI CR is this your car with this engine fitted to or are you trying to fix someone else's?

Thread move to a better section as we don't know the model and OP can't read the sub forum titles.

VAG Error Code: 18995/14846/7286/7934/009571
    EOBD II Error Code: P2563

Fault Location:
    Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor (G581) Circuit - Implausible Signal

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Power Loss
    This fault code may be caused when the Actual and Specified Turbocharger requests are considered Implausible by the engine controller.

Fuse(s).
    Wiring/Connector(s).
    Turbocharger boost control position sensor (G581) faulty or Binding due to adjustment/Turbocharger issues.
    Excessive Carbon build-up.
    Vacuum leak to/from Turbocharger (wastegate) actuator and Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75).
    Engine Control Module (ECM).

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Fuse(s).
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Ohm test Turbocharger Charge Pressure Actuator Position Sensor (G581), see factory repair manual.
    Check mechanical Turbocharger operation to rule out binging and excessive carbon.
    Check vacuum supply to/from Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) and Turbocharger (wastegate) actuator.

Special Notes:
    When this fault is found in the North American Region (NAR) Market 2.0L CR TDI:
    Measuring Block Group 034.2 (specified) and 034.3 (actual) Charge Pressure Actuator Position Sensor (G581) values can be logged to see if the fields should mirror each other or deviate to confirm a problem.
    North American Region (NAR) market vehicles that had Technical Product Information (TPI) 2025464 | Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 21-11-01 or the latest Technical Product Information (TPI) 2025464/5 | Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 21-13-01 completed to prevent no-start conditions in cold weather caused by a frozen intercooler may want to see this thread.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need VCDS or similar to do this.

If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 Ė 13 April 1956)

4. Thanks MK7R thanked for this post
    Likes Keithuk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Crasher for the information much appreciated. ����

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Crasher ! Your help pretty much explains it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnepak View Post
    Thanks Crasher ! Your help pretty much explains it all.
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0 only crap which I've deleted.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.