Thread: Mk3 Golf 1.9d Track Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Mk3 Golf 1.9d Track Rods

Hey all, went to change the track rod ends on the car today and not too shocking they are rust welded on. So thinking I would save the hassle and order inner rods and just change the lot while there. Got home jumped online to order the parts and what would you now more than one size to choose from. One is 341mm and one is 390mm. I did attempt to measure the ones on the car but cant tell how far under the boot they go so cant get a accurate measurement.

Both state they are for vehicles fitted with PAS but the shorter one also has "Manufacturer Restriction TRW" in other information.

apologies for being the tool here but i have no clue how i tell what ones I need to order, any help as to what to check/look for to be able to find out will be gratefully received.

As always thanks in advance to everyone
    1997 Mk3 Golf 1.9 D

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is right hand drive it will have a TRW steering gear.
    If you care about the future of the planet, read this and watch the video

https://www.bosch.com/stories/synthetic-fuels

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Evelyn Beatrice Hall (28 September 1868 13 April 1956)

Post Thanks / Like
    It is right hand drive yes UK plate not an import, main problem I have is E.C.P. show more than 1 option going off my number plate. I don't know if Manufacturer Restriction TRW mean for TRW or not for TRW its not clear either way. I was hoping the size diff would help but I cant tell where under the boot the track rod go's too so can't get an accurate measurement. Could do with finding a way to get it rite though need to order them and get them done asap mot almost up only got just over a week cant afford to order the wrong parts now :S
    1997 Mk3 Golf 1.9 D