Thread: Sharan oil light

Post Thanks / Like

Sharan oil light

Hi all I am looking for a bit of Help

I have a 2005 Sharan 4Motion 1.9 TDI-PD 115PS

There is no oil light on start up , I have checked the oil pressure manually and there is nothing to worry about , I have changed the sender in the oil filter housing and no change if I earth the wire I get buzzer and oil can stop sign , if I just leave it off I get the warning and oil check (light red ) I thought it may be a high and low Sensor system setup But I can only find a legal sensor and the one in the housing surly I should get a red light on start up then it extinguished when the oil pressure builds up .

I know the cluster sorts it out ect but I cannot see any other oil sensor it is a 4 motion so limited viewing at the back .can anyone help me Please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know a man that might know ?

Post Thanks / Like
    The oil pressure switch/sender just earths out when you have oil pressure.

Does it light with the ignition on before you start the engine?

Check all the wiring/connectors.

I'm assuming you have 115PS:

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 04/2000-05/2008, Model: Sharan/Syncro/4Motion, Engine Code: AUY, 85Kw, 115PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) Timing belt

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 11/2005-03/2010, Model: Sharan/Syncro/4Motion, Engine Code: BVK, 85Kw, 115PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) Timing belt

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi sorry for the late reply I work nights , I yes it is a 2005 Sharan 4Motion 1.9 TDI-PD 115PS think one of the last I don’t have a oil light on the dash but I do get a audible warning and a big oil can In the center of the dash if I earth the switch wire.

If I do pull the plug Off the sensor nothing until 1500 2000 rpm then flashes and bleeps with big oil can in center dash as it should .I am thinking possibly everything is ok and the led on the dash is faulty

I think it is a blue wire from dash to switch via two plugs but I have not pulled the cluster yet , I was just hoping it may of been a relay or plug befor either coding ( if that is how it is classed ) or a repair .

Post Thanks / Like
    When I said coding I ment coding in a second hand dash cluster with VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    What did VCDS show?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have scanned it with vcds no error codes , I think it is going to be a led light on the dash or the oil pressure control on the back of the dash ( they don’t have bulbs ) .

Post Thanks / Like
    I may just get a second hand cluster then if I get the oil light start the adaptation