Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passat B5.5 Heater matrix replacement

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and as far as the airbag switch in the glovebox is concerned I had to admit defeat and butcher the plastic behind it with a stanley knife/small hacksaw. If anyone has ever tried to unplug one they will know what I mean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone,

I am a new user to this forum. I have purchased a Passat B5.5 estate 1.8T this March as a cheap runaround for a year or two. Unfortunately, it developed a heater matrix fault, which needs to be replaced.

I was quoted between 800 - 1200 from different garages, which makes it completely uneconomical. However, I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to undertake the task of the dash removal (and then re-install) if I provide necessary parts.

I am based in south east London and I will cover the costs of journey/fuel in addition to actual labor costs.

Please let me know if anyone would be willing to do this, I am desperate to get the car fixed as I can't afford to get another one at the moment.

Many thanks and best regards

Michal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by misiek.dwt View Post

I am a new user to this forum.
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from your post, minus the year.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12