Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passat Alltrack... who has one ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked mine up last month. 63 Plate with 32,000 miles on the clock. Had a Volvo XC70 AWD D3 before, but prefer the VW. Nicer drive and doesn't have that heavy feel about it.

2. Likes Val Edwards liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I have had my 2012 for 15 months and It has just rolled over 100,000miles. I love this car and for towing it is amazing compared to my old Disco 2 TD5. It is so sure footed I couldn't believe the difference to my disco and so glad I changed to it. The fuel.....when towing about 28mpg with 26ft caravan. Otherwise lucky to get 35mpg around town and 45mpg on a run. (All better than disco).

Problems.... The Haldex controller on the Dif is prone to the ingress of water/corrosion. This causes damage to the circuit board via corroding it. I only found out because my front wheels were spinning a lot and when putting the caravan away on wet grass the 4x4 wasn't working. I serviced the Haldex oil&filter and replaced the pump and it still didn't work.....it was then I found out about the controller problem. It is well known problem and the local agent weren't interested except for 1200 repair kit and installation, I declined. I sent my controller to Haldex repair which was a very quick turn around (less than 48hrs) hey presto 4x4 is great now. I enjoyed the snow just before Xmas giving the system a good test. My caravan also goes away no problems now on wet grass. Check haldex is working...if not check the controller.

Atb Hadgee

4. Likes SignumGB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again. So I posted back in October last year having bought my Alltrack in Sept 2017. Had it almost a year and now reaching 50,000 miles. The extreme snow we had in March in Scotland was a dream to drive in (even with low tread tyres) getting to supermarkets whilst everyone else was stuck. No problem with the Passat! Front and back tyres now replaced with Michelin Crossclimates (almost at 700 cost) so ready for the next upcoming winter and foresee no issues getting through the snow if it comes. Been serviced recently at a VW dealer, and as it's 5 years old now they are saying I need my timing belt done. I'll wait a couple of months ... got quoted 499 for timing belt and water pump. I echo the above comments on MPG. I am more or less the same albeit I don't tow anything. My car has had the VW 'fix' software upgrade but so far I have not noticed anything even though there are a lot of people out there blaming this for failed EGR valves etc. I have a couple of other problems but will post as a separate thread.
    2013 Passat AllTrack 2.0L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12