Thread: Mk6 Golf Fuse Identification ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Mk6 Golf Fuse Identification ?

Upon collecting my MkVI Golf I discovered the aux 12v socket wasn't working front & rear (ciggy lighter).

My handbook wasn't helpful "contact your local dealer" so I'm just asking if there is a 'fuse guide' anywhere?

I eventually found the fuse responsible for the aux 12v but still need a guide, ta.

Here's my fuse box..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Box.jpg 
Views:	31050 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	1098
    The WAG - 2011 Golf TDI - CAYC- LA7T paint - 4 Wheels - 2 Keys - 1 Owner

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/198177.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Tactically Relocated from another forum (it's not thieving if you call it 'tactical')

Inside Fuse Box: -

Engine Fuse box:

2012 Golf Match 1.4TSI (CAXA) 122ps in Candy White...with a Barry in the Back. http://s1233.beta.photobucket.com/us...ary/Volkswagen

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much.
    The WAG - 2011 Golf TDI - CAYC- LA7T paint - 4 Wheels - 2 Keys - 1 Owner

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/198177.png

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem the ciggy light socket not working (for Sat Nav). It had been working previously.

Checked fuses, my board is the same as the above image, the blown fuse was the 20 amp to the extreme left on the bottom.

Just wondering if the ciggy lighter was pushed back in too hard, but I'm replacing it with a plastic cap

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct the handbook says sweet FA only contact a dealer.

At the time of print we are unable to provide an up-to-date overview of the locations of the fuses for the electrical consumers. This is because the vehicle is under constant development, because fuses are assigned differently depending on the equipment level and because several consumers may use a single fuse. You can get more information about the fuse layout from a Volkswagen dealership.
    What a load of , the Golf is being developed all the time so you will never see a fuse location in the handbook they are just making you take a trip to the dealer? They should show the location of what they know up to press?

I use AD so that gives me the location, what it controls and the fuse rating? Even AD shows different things for different years.

I haven't managed to make a full fuse/relay list yet.

I went to my dealer a few months ago to buy a fuel filter. While I was there I asked for a fuse layout they couldn't provide one they only showed me the fuse boxes on ETKA which I already have.

I have those pictures of golfgtiforum.co.uk
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi had same probelm fuse was ok but changed it anyway still same probelm the I spotted a 5p coin tried to retrieve it with basic kitchen knife and finger seen sparks switched off ignition tricky but got it out replaced the fuse again as it was blown by my stupidity all well that ends well but what's that smell (burnt finger)lesson learnt always park cigar lighter to keep out foreign metallic items

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess 5p coin prevented tomtom charger the required penitration hence it wouldn't work

Post Thanks / Like
    Those tings can burn, ohh look it is glowing, I wonder what will happen if I stick my finger on it ...ouch, horrible smell...
    2003 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate. APR 98RON remap, APR R1 diverter valve, Jetex exhaust, K&N panel filter, 7.5x18 Alutec Monstr wheels with 225/40 18 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
    2006 Polo GTI 1.8T, APR 95RON remap
    1988 Golf 2 GTI 16 valve, 2.2 with Weber Alpha injection
    1983 Golf 1 GTI 8 valve, 2 litre with Eurospec racing 42/36 head
    1972 1302LS auto 1641cc conversion

Vile Invention

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention, more vicious, more criminal than the camera even, metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our culture, chief woe of our Commonweal. How dare the Law prohibit hashish and heroin yet license your use, who inflate all weak inferior egos? Their addicts only do harm to their own lives: you poison the lungs of the innocent, your din dithers the peaceful, and on choked roads hundreds must daily die by chance-medley. Nimble technicians, surely you should hang your heads in shame. Your wit works mighty wonders, has landed men on the Moon, replaced brains by computers, and can smithy a "smart" bomb. It is a crying scandal that you cannot take the time or be bothered to build us, what sanity knows we need, an odorless and noiseless staid little electric brougham.

W.H. Auden (1907-1973), A Curse:

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an old thread brought back.

PDF files

vmccorry - First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Transmission Code: KXZ, Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.